How do you feel about fake ID's?

by Snoozy 19 Replies latest social family

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Would you let your teen get one? (Fake ID.)

What if they were entering college and wanted to have one because all their friends did.

That would make the ultimate Judge Judy episode.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Where do you get a fake ID?

Ask any law enforcement officer.

Judge Dread

• musky
    musky

"You mean getting one that says I am x number of years younger, and x number of pounds lighter? All for it!"

I bet you get carded everywhere.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well it is my 19 year old grandson and he got it on the internet..$20. It has a watermark and everything. It is from Arkansas. His Mom knows and says even if she objected he would have done it anyway, but I wonder if he would have..

It seems the guy on the internet hates any kind of law enforcement and rules and regulations..he does it just to spite them..

I'm afraid that my grandson won't be able to handle it. He does and has got drunk before but this is a whole different world. And like it or not a (pampered)19 year old just does not have good judgement.

When he drank before he stayed the night at that friends house. Now he mentioned going to a jazz bar and that means someone will have to drive home.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'll let you know if it works..wouldn't it be funny if it was from a law enforcement person and it was a trick? What if the fake person name is a wanted fugitive and my grandson got arrested when he tried to use it?...

I have such an imagination!!!!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I would wonder that it could be a trick if it was blatantly advertised on internet.

Is it a crime to have a fake ID?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This hypothetical question gets weird when you all know about the ID. "Hand it over, bud." Cut it in half.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

What is the purpose of having one? Who are they trying to mislead?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Would you let your teen get one? (Fake ID.)
    What if they were entering college and wanted to have one because all their friends did.
    That would make the ultimate Judge Judy episode.

There was a similar case on Judge Judy's show today. A bar owner sued a 20-year old college student who used a fake ID to be served alcohol. The owner was awarded $250, which was half of his fine for serving minors. The college student also had to pay his own fines and court costs. The owner was only awarded half of the fine he had to pay, because the judge wasn't completely convinced that the bartender asked for ID.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I don't know about your state, but I think that it's a felony offense here in California. So the real question is, how do you feel about having a criminal record?

If it is a felony offense, you can watch your teen lose out on a decent career.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit