How do you feel about fake ID's?

by Snoozy 19 Replies latest social family

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Would you let your teen get one? (Fake ID.)

What if they were entering college and wanted to have one because all their friends did.

• Snoozy
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wouldn't let him, but I probably couldn't stop him.

What are the legal ramifications of getting caught using one? I'm unfamilair with that aspect of it. I recall that some "establishments" will confiscate them and destroy them. If there is any chance of arrest, you might encourage him to think about what a night in lockup would be like.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No, sorry. I would not "let" them. I am pretty sure they wouldn't obtain permission, though. Despite how I raised them, they might give in to peer pressure.

I could say that a college-age person is capable of being responsible for themself, that I drank way before 21 (WAAAYYYY!!!!!) and I am not opposed to their drinking. But to remove myself from a lawsuit, I would know nothing about a fake ID that my child has. People will sue over anything, the teen has no money so they will sue the parents for "allowing" it.

• musky
    musky

If you tell your child it's o.k. to do something illegal, then you should be o.k. with the over drinking,drunk driving.Are you o.k. with that?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

How do I feel about fake ID's?

They are illegal, plain and simple.

Judge Dread

• blondie
    blondie

About as good about having the "doctor" operating on me having false credentials.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Honesty, its all about honesty. There is always a little part of us that dies when we willingly deceive...... A few possible exceptions aside....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Where do you get a fake ID?

• beksbks
    beksbks

You mean getting one that says I am x number of years younger, and x number of pounds lighter? All for it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit