Well Mouthy ,
I have to say I would like to retract my earlier comment. After reading the posts I did a little research on what the actual definition of abuse and I found this quote: "Child abuse" can be defined as causing or permitting any harmful or offensive contact on a child's body; and, any communication or transaction of any kind which humiliates, shames, or frightens the child. Some child development experts go a bit further, and define child abuse as any act or omission, which fails to nurture or in the upbringing of the children.
Child abuse can have the following consequences :
- It will encourage your child to lie, resent, fear, and retaliate, instead of loving, trusting, and listening
- It will alienate your child from you and the rest of your family & make him a recluse.
- It will lower your child's self esteem, and affect your child's psychological development and ability to behave normally outside his home.
- When your child grows up, your child could probably carry on the family tradition, and abuse your grandchildren.
- Your child may exclude you from his adult life. For example, you might not be invited to your child's wedding, or not be allowed any contact or relationship with your grandchildren.
( end quote)
So by definition she indeed is comiting child abuse. With the only side note being that the little girl didn't seem terribly upset by the interaction. However, like Sixofnine pointed out, she is probably being tramatized into thinking its O.K. to cut baby's in half, and such. This will give her a messed up sense of right and wrong. Which maybe is the proplem with most of us here; We saw what we were taught from infancy as being absolutely right and are now having a hard time making sense of it all.
I also talked with a few of my siblings who shared with me that after the last study of the Revelation book, that their children were having a hard time sleeping. They were very frightened of wild beasts and the like. My brother said he won't read his kids the bible story book anymore and is using another baptist bible story book which has nice pictures and tells unscarry stories.
Sorry Minimus, I'm switching sides. ( By definition then it makes my mother a child abuser too)