18-Year Relationship Ended Today...

by jamiebowers 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm so sorry Jamie. I know this is painful.

lisa

• cattails
    cattails

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Jamie.

Our pets are a big part of our family and our lives.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had cats that didn't like me too. It's still sad to see them go.

Plant something on his plot

My friend of 14 years is fertilising a grape vine he spent a lot of time under, waiting for slow blackbirds.

Chris

• pat1060
    pat1060

I'm sorry.I also have 2 cats.They do leave there paw prints on your heart.

• chickpea
    chickpea

sometimes i think these creatures
    we bring into our homes make us
    better people for having loved them....

puss puss almost sounds like how it is
    having to live with a teenage...
    resisting most the ones who love them best.....

it is never easy to have to make
    that decision that allows them
    release from their suffering....

it is the hardest part of loving them well

godspeed you to a place of manifest comfort

fare thee well, puss puss

(our 17 year old girl was pussi)

• doublelife
    doublelife

I'm sorry. My cat is my best friend right now so I can't imagine anything happening to her.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

(((Jamie)))

(((Puss Puss)))

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks everyone. I'm already starting to remember funny things about her....like how we used to argue. In her later years she lived in a cage by her choice. You had to fight her to get her out of it, and eventually I learned to very quickly clean around her, otherwise she'd scratch me. She tried to bite too, but she only had one tooth in the back of her head. She'd scream to be fed every two to four hours, even when I was sleeping. During the middle of the night I'd yell, "Be quiet you hateful old b*tch!", but she'd just meow louder until I would get out of bed and feed her.

Then she would yell at my husband to be fed, even if I just fed her a few minutes before. It was like she was trying to make me look bad; like I wasn't feeding her. She would hiss and spit when I tried to brush her, but she would purr and act so sweet when my husband did it. But she could be kind of sweet when she was young. She used to lay right where I had the worst cramps and stare directly into my eyes, like she could actualy feel my pain. When I was married to my second husband, he and I were arguing. I saw her come out of the bedroom, and I swear she was smiling. The next thing I heard was my husband screaming about the fresh cat sh*t that was steaming in his $200 sneakers.

Out At Last's girlfriend told me this past summer that old Puss Puss looked like something out of the Stephen King movie, Pet Semetary. She was skinny and her fur was all matted, because she stopped cleanng herself. I would try to bathe and brush her, put she put up a tremendous fight. The last year we even had her shaved every so often. She was a little over 19 years old, and I should've let her go sooner. But I couldn't do it until she lost her fight.

She lost her fight Sunday night, so I let her go the next morning. She didn't protest when they inserted the needle filled with anethesia, and she stared directly into my eyes as she drifted away. The vet tech wrapped her in her blanket and put her in a box. I brought her home, and my husband buried her in the backyard with our other beloved cats. She has a perfect view of the spring flowers and a Chinese chestnut tree where a myriad of squirrels gather their treasures.

I don't know if there's a heaven for cats. But if there is, she's up there bossing everyone around while sitting on her perch and stuffing her face.

• the real life
    the real life

:(

Hugs to you.

I miss my kitty cat too

• megs
    megs

You gave her a wonderful life and home... You will grieve of course, but take comfort in that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit