Did You Ever Secretly "Sin" & The Elders Never Knew About It?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

That's priceless, Mrs. J.

I got away with smoking and drinking. Even if dragged to the back room over something else, I never told them about that. I had to do something to keep my sanity.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

let's see: playing touchy feely before marriage with my wife. in fact, we were only a few days from the wedding day when it got really good. before playing touchy feely with wife, had a few long baths since i had no one to play touchy feely with. smoked a cigar at a wedding for a non jw friend. more to drink that should have many times. there are a few other things but i cant give away all my secrets. yet.

• minimus
    minimus

My best friend fooled around, everything but intercourse, a few days before the wedding. They never told, as far as I know. He became an elder and has suffered from mental problems for yeads, sad to say.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

if i didnt get to fool around before the wedding day, i would have suffered more than mental problems for years.

• blondie
    blondie

So it matters whether humans know but not that God who sees all things and has the power of life and death?..........typical jws (and others)

• undercover
    undercover

A.

Did You Ever Secretly "Sin"
    & B.
    The Elders Never Knew About It?

A. Yes

B. No

• Quentin
    Quentin

Of course.......smoked, went to bars drank, X rated movies...hanky-panky with dates...would say I was a typical double life jw...

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Yes... I used to "think" about one particular elder's wife during many a long dull meeting.

I 'think' that counts.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i felt regret for some of the things i did. most of the things i did. but i never felt it needed to be said between me and others. the stuff before i was married with my wife i prayed about and asked god for forgiveness and felt it was all that was needed. i never felt regret for the cigar incident. the drinking too much, i figured i suffered physically and that in turn was my punishment.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Hah. I never trusted an elder enough to confess a sin. If I sinned, it was between me and my "god."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit