Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-01-09 WT Study (ATTITUDE)

by blondie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-01-09 WT Study (September 15, 2009, pages 7-11)(CHRIST'S ATTITUDE)Review comments will be in red or headed by COMMENTS
    WT material from today's WT will be in black
    Quotes from other sources will headed by QUOTES
    w = Watchtower
    g = Awake
    jv = Proclaimers book

Bible translations www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible
    WT publications www.strictlygenteel.co.uk
    WT child abuse www.silentlambs.org
    Blood issue www.ajwrb.org
    United Nations http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Also posted on

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com

www.jehovahs-witness.net

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/

KEEP CHRIST'S MENTAL ATTITUDE IN YOU "Have among yourselves the same mental attitude that Christ Jesus had."--Rom. 15:5

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_110109_0001.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_110109_0002.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_110109_0003.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_110109_0004.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_110109_0005.jpg

SCANS

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3553

OPENING COMMENTS

Are Christians known by their unity or love?

START OF ARTICLE

Q1. Why should we seek to adopt Christ's mental attitude?

"Come to me," said Jesus Christ. "Learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find

refreshment for your souls." (Matt. 11:28,29) This warm invitation well expresses Jesus' loving mental attitude. No

human could be a better example to follow. Although he was the mighty Son of God, Jesus displayed empathy and

tenderness, especially toward those in need.

COMMENTS
    The WTS is very concerned about "attitude" but attitude towards them.

Notice how they depict Jesus: ALTHOUGH the MIGHTY SON OF GOD Jesus displayed empathy and tenderness

even though he was SO HIGH ABOVE HUMANS? Jesus = elders? So high above us?

Q2. What aspects of Jesus' attitude will we consider?

In this and the following two articles, we will consider how we can develop and maintain the same mental attitude as

Jesus and reflect "the mind of Christ" in our life. (1 Cor. 2:16) We will focus primarily on five aspects: Jesus' mildness

and humility, his kindness, his obedience to God, his courage, and his unfailing love.

COMMENTS
    Obedience to God = obedience to the WTS

Can a jw know the mind of God? The WTS leaves out that part of 1 Cor. 2:16.

(1 Corinthians 2:16) For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, that he may instruct him?” But we do have the

mind of Christ. (one of those places the WTS inserts "Jehovah")

LEARN FROM CHRIST'S MILD TEMPERAMENT

Q3. (a) What was one lesson in humility that Jesus taught his disciples? (b) How did Jesus react when his disciples

showed weaknesses?

Jesus the perfect Son of God, willingly came to earth to serve among imperfect and sinful people. Some of those

would later kill him. Yet, Jesus always maintained his joy and self-control. (1 Pet. 2:21-23) 'Looking intently' at Jesus

example can help us to do the same when others' faults and imperfections affect us. (Heb. 12:2) Jesus invited his

disciples to 'get under his yoke with him' and thus to learn from him. (Matt. 11:29,ftn.) What could they learn? For one

thing, Jesus was mild-tempered, and he was patient with his disciples despite their faults. On the night before he died,

Jesus washed their feet, thereby teaching them a lesson in being "lowly in heart" that they would never forget. (Read

John 13:14-17.) Later, when Peter, James and John failed to "keep on the watch," Jesus sympathetically

acknowledged their weakness, "Simon, are you sleeping"? he asked. "Men, keep on the watch and praying, in order

that you do not come into temptation. The spirit, of course, is eager, but the flesh is weak."--Mark 14:32-38.

COMMENTS
    Again THE PERFECT SON OF GOD = imperfect and sinful people....the elders have to deign to help the sinful?

What about the sins and imperfections of the elders from their position of power, what harm do they cause?

Q4,5. How can Jesus' example help us to deal with the flaws of others?

4. The real question is how do we react if someone is slow to respond to counsel from the elders or the FDS. Is

cruelty from those we don't love as important as that from those who claim to love us?

So sins are NORMAL in Satan's world but not the WTS?

Did Jesus guilt his followers like the WTS guilts theirs?

How are imperfect people qualified to judge the so-called spiritual weakness of others even labeling people "weak" in

the congregation?
    weak = not attending meetings and going door to door

QUOTES
    *** w04 7/1 p. 17 par. 11 ‘Teach Them to Observe All the Things I Have Commanded You’ **
    It saddens us, however, to notice that some of our fellow believers have grown spiritually weak and, as a result, have

slowed down or stopped carrying out Christ’s command to make disciples. Is there any way we can help them to renew

their association with the congregation and resume their share in making disciples?

5. Jesus may not have said, "serves you right, let that be a lesson to you" but the WTS does.

How do jws love to judge another jws APPARENT lack of faith.

QUOTES
    *** w05 11/15 p. 26 par. 20 Walk With God, and Reap What Is Good ***
    If we sow what is bad, we will reap what is bad. For example, those who pursue an immoral way of life will reap bitter

consequences.

Q6. What did Jesus teach his apostles about seeking prominence?

How even more so does the desire for prominence exist in the WTS with titles such as ministerial servant, elder,

CBOE, secretary, school overseer, watchtower study overseer, circuit and district overseer, zone overseer, branch

overseer, governing body member and the multitudinous titles of those "running" the assemblies and conventions. A

male jw with no title is seen as "spiritually weak."

Do you think the elders in your congregation would give their lives for you? Do they even give a small part of their life,

say 2 minutes of conversation a month, even now? Do the elders view themselves as your slave or rather as an

"overseer" above you?

Q7. How can each of us contribute to unity in the congregation?

So who should be setting the example as setting themselves as lesser? Are the elders at the bottom or top of the

pyramid?

Notice how UNITY now becomes the issue. Does unity or love identify Christ's followers?

Contributes to UNITY

All true Christians (only jws) would be UNITED

our UNITY helps us to identify us as Christ's followers!!!!! such UNITY

I remember the time an elder ran after me in the KH yelling....as another elder ran after him to stop him. No apologies

to anyone, not even to making the BOE look like fools.

Q8. We can learn what from the example of long-time servants of God?

servants of God - only jws

So are we to believe that because someone has seniority they are Christlike?

Contributes to UNITY...UNITED worship...where is the love? Can you think of groups that have unity but no love?

Q9. Why do we need holy spirit in order to imitate Jesus' example?

lowly in heart

Holy spirit, holy spirit, holy spirit

So how does a jw get holy spirit? Can they receive holy spirit without being at the WTS meetings?

Q10. How did Jesus manifest kindness?

Jesus consistently was kind...not to just the people he liked or felt were spiritual.

Was kind even to those who weren't sincere? Jesus was the SOG and perfect, so qualified to make such judgments,

are any humans so qualified? No.

Did Jesus just FEEL pity?

Q11,12. (a) Describe an instance of Jesus compassion in action. (b) What can you learn from the example considered

here?

Jesus put pity in ACTION with a woman who was considered untouchable. Who are the untouchables in the jw

congregation today? DF'd, inactive, irregular, people with irregular meeting attendance, people with non-jw spouses,

people who don't dress right, have the right material level of things, add your own.

Because this woman broke the Law, did Jesus take her to the back room for a dress down? What she did was more

serious than having a skirt 1/2 inch too "short" or a haircut that touched their ears.

Q13. (a) How did Jesus' attitude differ from that of the Pharisees? (b) How did Jesus treat children?

So have the elders and the FDS used their authority to add to the burdens of jws? Why no beards for men? Why no

more than one ear piercing per ear for women (an unwritten rule in this area)? That speakers at conventions must wear

white shirts and a two piece suit? In many congregations df'd people must sit at the back and cannot sit with their

non-df'd spouses. No holding hands during prayers at the meeting.

How many elders know the names of the children at the KH? Other than their own children? A CO once asked the

elders that. How many elders have a meaningful conversation with an adult, let alone a child (including their own).

PICTURE:

Evidently everyone knew their picture was going to be in the WT. Notice how the 4 children are brought together to talk

to the elder rather than his going to them as individuals. If elders today took an interest in children, I would start to be

suspicious..........

Q14. What benefits do children derive from wholesome attention?

So years later can you think of an elder or any adult jw other than your parent that took an interest in you. I can think of

only one and he did that at the expense of his own children so I wonder what his motive was.

Q15. Why should we not be surprised by a lack of kindness today?

Yes, jws should not be surprised at non-jws being UNKIND. What a crock.

true Christians--only jws

Q16. How can we promote Christlike kindness in the congregation?

true Christian congregation - only jws

a REFRESHING CONTRAST TO THAT OF THE UNKIND WORLD - demonizing non-jws again

So how many jws today will look around the congregation and see who they can take ACTION towards in more than just

wishing them well and them walking away?

Helpful actions AS APPROPRIATE, so what is appropriate per the WTS dogma; should time be spent talking to

non-jws to put on a slip or helping jws which cannot be counted on a slip?

Q17,18. What are some ways we can imitate Jesus' kindness?

Christians - only jws
    What would be GENUINE concern, certainly not...

(James 2:15-16) . . .If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain

one of YOU says to them: “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,” but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their]

body, of what benefit is it?

Will jws take the initiative or expect the elders to handle it who will then expect the brother who has them in his field

service group to be responsible?

So will they take an active interest, reach out, and make opportunities or delegate it to someone else who has the time

and funds to do so, in their opinion?

How many of us can tell stories about jws who have held grudges for 30 or more years, not wanting to be scheduled for

talks with a certain sister, be assigned to certain book studies, go in certain car groups....

Q19. What good results from showing Christlike kindness?

AT ALL TIMES???

UNITED worship--where is the love?

CONCLUDING COMMENTS

Next week, Be Obedient and Courageous as Christ Was....yes the real issue obedience to the WTS/FDS/GB.

Love, Blondie

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Thank you again, Blondie.

I look forward to this each week and always read it, even if I don't always comment. Just wanted you to know I appreciate it.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Great work, pal.

Will you be doing the two other articles that this study refers to?

• bohm
    bohm

Well, i was really looking forward to this one. The comment about the bleading woman and shunning today is just SPOT ON. I dont really have anything to add, i just wanted to say i appreciate the effort you put into analysing these articles!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks Blondie.

They are just so obvious aren't they?

One just knows where they are heading....without even looking at the next articles.

They are so full of themselves.

Thanks again for all your hard work on our behalf.

y

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

But I would remark, that this was a very balanced, quiet article, and apart from those mean ones of you always having to criticise something J I guess most Christians would be able to nod to the points made in the article.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks again Blondie, always wonderful to see what my wife has been reading and get a perspective on what they talked about. Your efforts are so very appreciated, hope you are feeling better.....thoughts are with you!

• inbetween
    inbetween

thanks Blondie, always read your comments.

still, I think, the article was quite fine, in theory at least, we all can learn a lot from Jesus, especially the WTS (compare Jesus treatment of the women with the harsh blood-policy of the WTS)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Being like Christ? What a joke!

Jesus was very patient with people that committed regular sins, but had zero tolerance for those that insisted that everything anyone else did is what they tell them to do. How many of the hounders are that patient with people that commit regular sins, or that question what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger says? And, what happens if a witless commits a regular sin or questions the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, and is not "repentant"? Did Jesus cut off people that were like that?

If one looks at it closely enough, one would realize that Jesus was setting out to undermine the Jewish system (which was full of harsh rules). People needed help to think on their own, and to not be afraid of the petty rules (and the many regular "sins" that resulted when people were kept in this stagnation-generating system). Jesus actually wanted to help people think on their own--and, if Jesus' real message became widespread at the time, it would have become unnecessary for anyone today to try and follow him. Now, does the Washtowel encourage this? Of course not.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Para. 5. I am almost certain that "brothers" would do no more than say what Jesus said when confronted with a member with valid concerns for doubting the religion. They would say "You with little faith, why do you give way to doubt." Then they would refuse to look at evidence for concern or question the doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit