Venting because my family is JWs and I'm not and treated different because of it!

by Butterflyleia85 11 Replies latest jw friends

• whoknows
    whoknows

You are going through the experience of being shunned by your closest family. This is extremely painful, all of us can understand. It is especially terrible when you realize you have been left out of important family events - as if you don't exist. I think your fiance is absolutely right, nobody knows the "truth" and if it was absolutely necessary that we do understand every detail then the almighty God of the universe certainly would have made it more clear for us bumbling yahoos down here. You continue to grow in confidence in yourself and remember the bible says "God is love". That is NOT what the WTBS teaches. They teach obedience to their own traditions through guilt and fear. Don't beat yourself up anymore!

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLYLEIA- I'm glad to hear you had a positive weekend with your fiance. He sounds like a great guy and a really good support system for you. And just remember you have some new good friends here as well to encourage you to feel good about yourself as well . You will make it alright. It's normal to have ups and downs emotionally at times after exiting the JW cult. Just allow yourself to feel it as it's all a part of the growing process after the witnesses. Hang in there. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit