Any Ex-JW's from South Africa here?

by SYN 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Hey if that's really you in the pic, I'm surprised you're lonely!

There used to be one SA'er by the name of Aisne who posted on WOL. She went silent.

Lisa

• SYN
    SYN

Oh well, a lot of people from this board have already contacted me, so I'm glad to say I've gained a few email friends to chat to about stuff like this (nobody every understands what it's like to have been a JW!)

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

Sorry I am 7 years late. . but yeah. . i am here... in So Africa.

Look forward to chatting/ try reach me on first through this forum.. Lekker ou boet!! Hou aan om jou Afrikaans daar onder te oefen, ne?!?

" I see no reason why the lateness of my leaving Boredom in Borgdom and evolving to apostay should shock anyone" - Dean Os. South Africa

• asilentone
    asilentone

I remember a frequent poster that lives in S. Africa, I forgot her username, let me think.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

LouBelle

she posted a couple of days ago.

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

Thanks aseltone and sad emo!

I will try get in contact ... free Afrikaans lessons anyone, hmm heheh ..

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I am up for a braai, and there will be one in the San Diego area next weekend.

Biltong anyone?

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hi DeanOs

S'African xdub here :-) not a regular poster on JWN though!

PDB

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Hoezit daar ouens! (Hi there guys)

South African here. The lovely Mrs Smith, of course. Jakes is also from SA.

That braai sounds like a good idea. Tjop en dop? (Piece of meat, and alhohol) Similar type of thing as a bar-b-Q.

Agent Smith

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Agent smith - you cannot equate a braai with a barbeque - it's like chalk and cheese. For starters most over in the hemisphere use a gas cooker not like us southern type that would use a charcal or wooden braai - jy weet.

Our SA numbers are growing - I reckon we need to have ourselves a wee bit of a meet up people. I can travel - it's not like our country is that huge.

Talking about braai - ag man nou is ek lus! ooh en moenie die pap en wors vergeet nie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit