Resurection

by larc 12 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

After all these lo so many years, I just thought of something. Why this logic didn't occur sooner, I have no idea. Let me try this on you and see what you think.

All those folks who never heard the truth will be resurrected, right.?, e.g. American Indians who lived a thousand years ago. Also, someone who dies this very day and never heard the truth will be resurrected also, right? Now, when Armageddon shows up in the neighborhood, I would have to assume that those poor Pagans in China, for example who never heard the truth will be spared. Now, if this is true, why get in a frenzy and try to find the sheep, when they will be OK if they don't know. It seems to me that in this case ignorance is bliss and it is life saving as well and the JWs could cut their quota to zero and everything would be fine.

What do you think?

Well, I suppose they could answer back that hyperactivity shows your faith. They could change the rules. Instead of going door to door, you should work overtime and use the extra money to start tything.

• larc
    larc

I'm so exicted. I have so many questions to ask the next JW that comes to my door.

1. How soon after Armageddon will we get naked?
    2. Why are you at my door? I want to remain as ignorant as possible.
    3. Should I burn the couch I bought at Goodwill. I'm getting impure thoughts.
    4. If I sin, will you cast the first stone?

I owe all this to you folks.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey larc,

I owe all this to you folks.

1. When you reach perfection. Generally speaking, men will think they reach perfection before women, so they're gonna be butt nikked before women and women will laugh at 'em.

2. Isn't that an obvious oxymoron, Professor?

3. According to some persons who know you - you were born with impure thoughts. That ol' couch had nuthin' to do with it.

4. Be right there with you, bubba.

Thank you.

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

(sigh) I guess I have to handle this properly myself. (sigh) Ignore waiting's inane comments. (sigh)

1. You will get naked as soon as all the good clothes scavenged from dead people have worn out....or when the steam iron stops working....whichever comes first. Women laughing at you will happen no matter what. (waiting is correct on this one).

2. They are at your door because if they don't make an attempt to preach to you, Jesus' words will be enforced about the "stones crying out". This would freak out a LOT of people, and the WTBTS would lose mucho bucks....since stones don't as a rule have hands, cannot carry bookbags, and ALWAYS forget to ask for donations.

3. Yes, you should burn the couch. It won't help cure your impure thoughts, but it WILL amuse your neighbors.

4. If? Did you say if? In this case, the stones are not only crying out, they are heartily laughing.

• larc
    larc

Waiting and Redhorsewoman,

I find your escatology to be impeccable. I have one concern about the perfection and clothing concept. Since women, in their present state, are closer to perfection than men, they would take off their clothes first because they would reach the state of perfection first, and us poor men would never reach a state of perfection, because we would want to hange on to our imperfect thoughts as long as possible. Not only that, you would excaserbate the problem. You would say things like "Well if you can't get undressed yet, could you at least wear tighter jeans?" Then our poor minds would turn into putty, and we wouldn't reach perfection in a thousand yars.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Red & waiting:

(sigh) I guess I have to handle this properly myself. (sigh) Ignore waiting's inane comments. (sigh)

Thanks for trying to keep larc on the high road, but even Jesus has a difficult time putting a thousand-dancing angles on the point of a needle. Larc and I live in the same town, and he's making a shepherding call on me this weekend. I'm asking the group for their prayers and support. Like the Tower, I also except donations.

Edited by - JAVA on 28 December 2000 16:29:48

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Java,

Well if you can't get undressed yet, could you at least wear tighter jeans?"

Will you two be obliging this weekend?

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Hey larc,

Generally speaking, men will think they reach perfection before women, - waiting

Men will thinkthey reach perfection. I didn't say that they would actually be there. Of course, women - in general - will reach perfection before men. Those thoughts will coast ya, bubba.

Generally speaking, men think they're close to perfection now. They've always thought that, imho, generally speaking, not talking about the men who read this - enough qualifyers, larc?

But it's still safe to assume that women will laugh at them.

waiting

• RR
    RR

Larc

It seems to me that in this case ignorance is bliss and it is life saving as well and the JWs could cut their quota to zero and everything would be fine.

You're right, and you know what? C.T. Russell agrees with you, or rather you agree with C.T. Russell:

"Many Christians, unwilling to believe that so many millions of ignorant infants and heathen will be eternally lost (which they have been taught means to be sent to a place of eternal and hopeless torment), insist, notwithstanding these Bible statements, that God will not condemn the ignorant. We admire their liberality of heart and their appreciation of God's goodness, but urge them not to be too hasty about discarding or ignoring Bible statements. God has a blessing for all, in a better way than through ignorance.

"But do these act in accordance with their stated belief? No: though they profess to believe that the ignorant will be saved on account of their ignorance, they continue to send missionaries to the heathen at the cost of thousands of valuable lives and millions of money. If they all, or even half of them, would be saved through ignorance, it is doing them a positive injury to send missionaries to teach them of Christ; for only about one in a thousand believes, when the missionaries do go to them. If this idea be correct, it would be much better to let them remain in ignorance; for then a much larger proportion would be saved. Continuing the same line of argument, might we not reason that if God had left all men in ignorance, all would have been saved? If so, the coming and death of Jesus were useless, the preaching and suffering of apostles and saints were vain, and the so-called gospel, instead of being good news, is very bad news. The sending of missionaries to the heathen by those who believe the Calvinistic or fatalistic view of election, that the eternal destiny of each individual was unalterably fixed before he had an existence, is even more absurd and unreasonable."

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• JAVA
    JAVA

waiting:

Will you two be obliging this weekend?[

No, we'll just go out drinking. I have a few ex-Witness friends coming into town on Saturday. One from Norway, another from Indiana, and larc lives just a few miles from me.

A few years ago I had a gathering of former Witnesses at my house; we called it an "Apost-O-Fest." I met several neat folks, we stay in touch and get together from time to time. With the first gathering I made a large sign that hung outside saying: "Welcome to Apost-O-Fest!" My house is two blocks from the Kingdom Hall, and about half the congregation passes when going to meetings. As a side note, they sold the building about a year later and moved to another location. I wonder if there are any houses for sale close to their new site?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit