Was there a recent KM that said WT is more important than the Bible?

by Saoirse 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Someone told me that there was a Kingdom Ministry within the last 2 years that said something along the lines of "JWs should follow what the WT or FDS says and not the Bible". Is that true? And if so, could someone point me to a copy of it? Thank you!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No, it said that the writings of the WT have become a part of God's word...or something similar to that

• carla
    carla

scan?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

no, but it is on an older thread on here..dont remeber where

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I recall reading a court transcript where the individual, not sure if the president, under oath, admitted that he regarded the WT literature as more important than the Bible. Something to that effect. The Bible was secondary.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I had old Al Schroeder as instructor in the overseer's school pre-elder days. Schroeder was almost contemptuous of people who relied heavily on the bible, or made suggestions that we should check WT ideas extensively in the bible.

He liked to say that look - all the churches have the bible; but look at them - they don't have the TRUTH! We cannot understand the bible without the Watchtower.

He had volume upon volume of the WT practically memorized and could point you to this or that article by page and volume like a bible scholar could quote you a chapter and verse.

This is the guy that Ray Franz quotes as saying to a GB member who commented that Ray and Ed were following just the bible - "Yes, but they have rejected this huge volume of WATCHTOWER LAW that we have developed over the decades!"

Based on my experience, I truly can see him saying JUST that to the GB right before their faces.

• jonathan dough
  • Saoirse
    Saoirse

IA, do you remember how long ago it was?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hmm, APril???

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Thanks all, I think I found it. It was a KM that discouraged private "spiritual research". It even went so far to suggest that those who want to study should read WT publications. No mention of studying the Bible.

Here's the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/139148/1/OKM-09-07-english-Just-another-brick-in-the-wall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit