The Simpsons' religious satire

by behemot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• behemot
    behemot

In Treehouse of Horror XX (Don't Have a Cow, Mankind"), the Simpsons parody of 28 Days Later and I am Legend, Bart Simpson is the "saviour", the source of the anti-mutation vaccine. The soldier explains that men have to eat his flesh to get saved:

simps1

Marge apparently disagrees:

simps2

simps3

ooops ...

simps4

Other examples?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

WOW !

• behemot
    behemot

A few of my favourite quotes:

Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're just making him madder and madder. - Homer

I was at Bible camp, learning how to be more judgemental. – Maude Flanders

Bart: Wow! God is so in your face. Homer: Yea, he’s my favorite fictional character.

Dear God. We paid for all this stuff ourselves, so thanks for nothing. – Bart

Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion. – Superintendent Chalmers

• teel
    teel

My favorite is from Simpsons 10e17, Maximum Homerdrive. Marge installs a new doorbell, and anxiously awaits for someone to come use it, but noone comes. Then:

Lisa: Wait! People are coming! I think they're Jehovah's Witnesses!

Marge: Yyyyes!

A man and a woman JW approaches the door. As the male JW was just about to push the doorbell, the female holds his hand, and says:

Noreen: Wait Marvin, you know I just had a thought. Maybe we're bothering people by trying to change their religion. What if we don't have all the answers?

Marvin: You're right Noreen. Let's go get real jobs.

As they walk away, they toss away all the magazines they're carrying.

Marge: Hrrrrmm... I would've feigned interrest...

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love the Simpsons.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Marge: Last week some Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door and I wouldn't let them leave. They snuck away when I went into the kitchen to get more lemonade. -Marge gets a job episode.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The Simpsons is a great commentary on modern life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Simpsons S16E21 The Father, The Son, and The Holy Guest Star

Marge looks for a new school for Bart and decides to try out a Catholic school. In his first day at school Bart encounters a tough nun and Father Sean. Bart takes a liking to Father Sean and begins to embrace the Catholic faith, which concerns Homer and Marge. Homer goes to the school with the purpose of taking Bart out of school, only to himself being converted before the night is through. With her husband and son gone Marge finds herself alone at church.

The Vatican newspaper recently claimed that Homer is a Catholic, citing this episode. Classic stuff. Well worth a watch.

• metatron
    metatron

According to Crusty the Clown (while in Heaven), the true religion is a mixture of Methodism and Voodoo.

metatron

• freetosee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit