New Understanding of "This Generation"

by snowbird 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• blondie
    blondie

FYI Metatron

*** w97 5/15 p. 20 par. 17 Theocratic Administration in the Christian Era ***Further, we remember Jesus’ promise that anointed Christians who ‘conquer’ will share with him in ‘shepherding the nations with an iron rod’ at Armageddon.

*** re chap. 39 p. 281 pars. 10-11 The Warrior-King Triumphs at Armageddon ***

Jesus is not alone in fighting this battle. John tells us: "Also, the armies that were in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen." (Revelation 19:14) The fact that the horses are "white" denotes righteous warfare. "Fine linen" is appropriate for the King’s horsemen, and its glistening, clean whiteness indicates a pure, righteous standing before Jehovah. Who, then, make up these "armies"? Doubtless, they include the holy angels. It was early in the Lord’s day that Michael and his angels hurled Satan and his demons out of heaven. (Revelation 12:7-9) Further, "all the angels" will attend upon Jesus as he sits on his glorious throne and proceeds to judge the nations and people of earth. (Matthew 25:31, 32) Surely, in the decisive war, when God’s judgments are executed to a finality, Jesus will again be accompanied by his angels.

Others too will be involved. When sending his message to the congregation in Thyatira, Jesus promised: "To him that conquers and observes my deeds down to the end I will give authority over the nations, and he shall shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, the same as I have received from my Father." (Revelation 2:26, 27) Without a doubt, when the time comes, those of Christ’s brothers already in heaven will have a part in shepherding people and nations with that iron rod.
  • insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    The WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses basically try to change the real definitions of words to accomodate their false predictions. And why do they do this ? Because they want to control their followers. Even by deception. They don't care if they lie or not- they just want control. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

The need to do this to cover their a## when they make a false prophecy.....

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Leolaia, the book of Daniel and Revelation certainly did have prophetic,future applications in view when they were written, especially Daniel. One may take the view that their prophecies were false but you can't deny they were intended as prophetic works.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses basically try to change the real definitions of words to accomodate their false predictions. And why do they do this ? Because they want to control their followers. Even by deception. They don't care if they lie or not- they just want control. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Well said, Mr. Flipper. As I've stated before on this board, I'm really curious to see if this speculation becomes printed, and if so, how in the world they spin it to make sense. I know it won't matter to the average dub; they're too confused by all the changes to understand any of them. At least, that's the feeling I got from the young people. Whenever I'd explain my viewpoints on things, I'd always get, "Wait, that's what we believe now?" because they weren't prepped on the NuLight TM .

• designs
    designs

Two main reasons why the Society repeatedly gets themselves into messes like this is that they feel compelled to speak as God's Church on earth and they can't bring themselves to differentiate between doctrine and dogma or lesser teachings naturally open to change such as Tribulationism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit