New Understanding of "This Generation"

by snowbird 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Because that would deprive them of eschatological material that could be stretched into still-future applications. Much the same is true with Revelation and Daniel, neither of which had long-range distant applications in view. These books are the fuel for the engine that drives pre-millennialist eschatology onward.

AMEN sister Leo.

Fundy christianity just seems to me to be based on a misunderstanding of eschaton and apocalyptic in ancient jewish literature and society.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Am I wrong in how I am taking this?

That's the way I see it, also, TTE.

LOL.

Sylvia

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

But if they leave it like this wouldn't that make it last forever seeing as how they say newly annointed are replacing the ones that screwed up? Now THAT could go on forever.

Now you're getting the idea!!!!

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

"Does not make sense to me. That is how I am seeing what they mean. It is just crazy."

Yes. The Holy Spirit has spoken through the Governing Body again.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Yes. The Holy Spirit has spoken through the Governing Body again.

I don't think they were suppose to speak out of that particular orifice of the body.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

The only spirits the GB gets is from a bottle

• flipper
    flipper

The idiocy of the WT society and the idiocy of Jehovah's Witnesses can be summed up in one word as spoken by Napolean Dynamite : : They 're "IDIOTS ! " They are all $hit crazy in their definition of a " generation ".

The definition of " generation " in the American Heritage Dictionary is " All of the offspring that are at the SAME STAGE of descent from a common ancestor : MOTHER AND DAUGHTERS REPRESENT TWO GENERATIONS. " It goes on , " The average interval of time between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring. "

The definition from the Oxford Complete Wordfinder Dictionary is " All the people born at a PARTICULAR TIME , regarded collectively. The average time in which children are ready to take the place of their parents ( usually figured at about 30 YEARS ) . "

So a generation is about 30 years ! Period. No overlap, no " extended " generations . I mean , hey, even people on the board will make the statement " I am a third generation witness ". So what are they saying ? That their grandparents, parents, and then THEY THEMSELVES became witnesses ! 3 generations !

The WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses basically try to change the real definitions of words to accomodate their false predictions. And why do they do this ? Because they want to control their followers. Even by deception. They don't care if they lie or not- they just want control

• 1914BS
    1914BS

lets face it .. the GB are a bunch of delusional dimwits

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What makes me want to barf (but that would be wasting good puke) is that each of the changes brought in on this, was "backed up " with the statement "all the relevant scriptures show that:"(A,b,c)

Since all the relevant scriptures are the same ones used in each revision, it is clear to ANY FOOL, that they are actually saying:

"All the relevant scriptures show WHATEVER we want them to show, cause WE are the Faithful and Discreet Slave, as shown by all the relevant scriptures."

They just change what they say the scriptures mean.

"The Bible doesnt mean what it says, it says what WE mean."

HB

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, this new doctrine is wrong for an additional reason. Members of the 'anointed'/Christ's brothers are personally promised to be able to "shepherd the nations with an iron rod" - which means that they are promised participation in Armageddon!

I asked about this years ago but got no sensible answer. When Christ returns, they would need to be in spirit form and leading the execution of divine judgement. So, the idea of 'anointed' hanging around on earth for Armageddon is crap.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit