What Are Your Thoughts On The Apostle Paul?

by cognac 109 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

Is it at all possible that more than one person wrote what we now call "Paul"? I can sure see some big emotional contradictions going on here.

For another example - the Revelation. St. John??? How can this even be compared to anything else in the accepted NT?

• cognac
    cognac

JWoods - If you look at the first few verses of each chapter of some of the books of the bible, it shows more then just Paul were involved in the writing. I think in the first few verses of Thess. it shows 3 people involved in the writing. That is probably what accounts for the different writing styles...

I'm not sure if I understand your question about Revelation. Are you asking if John wrote it?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes Comgnac, AGUEST is awesome! I like her too, very insightful and interesting.

• highdose
    highdose

IA you have a pm

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Regarding 1 Cor 5:11....it seems to me Paul is stating not to have a meal of worship with a Christian whose lifestyle blatantly says otherwise. The context seems to be speaking of the cong, which is why I feel that is the message. It is not speaking of denying common courtesy to the person. However, even if we say he is going beyond just a meal of worship, having a meal with someone in the ancient Jewish culture had an intimacy at that time nonexistant today. If we take this view Paul is then saying to limit your association (not cut off or remove) with such a person.

• cognac
    cognac

I can't believe I got AGuest and Angel Eyes mixed up Isaac...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Cognac, the WT is in many cases taking the side of those who were against Paul (the very teachings Paul is repeating in his trying to refute).

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at PSac!

Sylvia

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

got it highdose...thanx

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hmm, so similarity whatsoever Cognac. LOL

Share this

Google+