Confusion

by tryingtoexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

presenting ALL my evidence for why I no longer want to be a JW to my parents and my wife

LWT This is probably a recipe for disaster. Trust us on this one. We've been throug hit.

For some it is a recipe for liberation though.

LWT Most of this stuff will better be left unsaid. If they ever question your beliefs, you can ASK THEM QUESTIONS rather than asserting something different in the positive.

I agree in theory but in practice one is muzzled and but ears are wide open to the WT lies.

Freedom of though and speech is to be valued. The WT do not like it one bit. Thus they prohibit JWs from pledging allegiance to the flag and the liberty that is spoken of.

All the best,

Stephen

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Thanks a mil Stephen

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sylvia,

Interesting thread about blacks and shunning. It now makes sense why my wife has never seen the shunning practice first hand because she is black and most of the people she associates with are black also. My wife's family also loves to do get togethers and it is one of the things she misses most when we moved 250 to 300 miles away from them.

It took me a few months to get over leaving my family behind too but I guess it is true about us white folks and not being so close to family. My side of the family rarely spends time together, save for Christmas. That, by the way, is one of the reasons why Christmas is so important to me. In spite of the fact that my wife and I try to schedule family reunions for both sides of our family, it is tough getting people on my side to commit (though many do). It is also getting tough for us because no one wants to help with the planning and the expenses.

If next year's reunion turns out like this year's, I don't forsee us doing another one.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bad idea.

Information overload.

ID yourself as apostate with the first statement and they stop listening.

JWs are trained not to listen to Apostates, so don't tell them anything. Just ask one very good question. Keep it simple. It should undermine THE primary doctrine. Don't tell them how to arrive at an answer they don't like. Force them to arrive at that conclusion without your help. We need to teach them how to think. What you need to do is keep them on that topic and, believe me, that is not easy.

Take some weeks or months to pick your one subject and know what their responses will be and practice answers to all of those responses. They will divert, waylay, ignor, character assasinate, throw red herrings and strawmen by the bucket full, lie, cheat, shun, anything they can think of to avoid coming to a conclusion they don't like.

It is hard enough to keep it together on one subject. Who needs two? They do. They need as many subjects as possible so that they don't have time to delve deeply into any of them.

Repitition for emphasis.

One question. Best is THE primary doctrine.

Ask it in a manner that guilts them into wanting to supply you with an answer.

Do not be confrontational.

Don't let any tactic tip you off that subject.

Good luck

Chris

• finding my way
    finding my way

great advice already. I wish I had heard it BEFORE I said just a few little tiny things to a couple members. It didn't go well.

A good friend of mine you used to pioneer left when I was DF'd but still thought it was truth. I cried and asked her why. I just couldn't understand. She didn't give me ANY details and it bugged me, but sooner than later, I began to put the pieces together by myself and I'm glad she didn't say anything specific to me. We can now talk about it, but it may have been bad had she of disclosed everything to me. I might have thought she was being influenced by Satan...

~fmy

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Trying to Exit,

I think the above advice is good, and you need to decide if a "fade" is not better for you than being DF'd or DA.d

I have decided to fade as I have a 90year old Mum and a very extended family still in.

I have had numerous discussions with them, and written to some, but the Cognitive Dissonance is difficult to comprehend for us who have had our eyes and hearts opened.

You cannot get through in a short time like a Christmas break.

I have found as well that things can get heated and personal, they are trained by years of being a Dub to do the "Ad Hominem " attack, so what I have found useful in discussion is to ask them to treat me as a person they have just met on the "knock-knocks" and convince me they are the true religion. Or I have said how could I convince my sons (see, using a third party, it defuses things) that it is the" truth" and they should join even though I have left ?

I don't bother with scriptural doctrine, too big a subject, I just major on are the GB/FDS telling the truth about their " choosing " in 1919 by Jesus ?

If they are, it should be easy to prove, from the Bible, and independently verifiable fact, if they are not telling the truth then your family should not be associating with them, as your favourite Revelation puts it "the idolaters and all the LIARS....their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur, this is the second death " Rev. 21v8b.

I have not had replies yet from my family. they are all still active, and I ain't holdin' ma breath !

Good luck whatever happens,

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit