I couldn't face going

by cantleave 16 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2
    I could so easily never attend again.

Sounds like a good plan, cantleave!

• Newborn
    Newborn

From one way day to the other I stopped going and I've never missed anything of it!!

• wobble
    wobble

I just stopped going. No real problem,one or two visits from guys who were friends, and the two elder job, since,nothing. 2yrs next April.

Surprising really, I was the guy who had the best meeting attendance record of anyone in our Congo of over 160 pubs, for decades.It seems they didn't really notice, and certainly didn't care.

I know one guy who just told the Elders to mind their own business,they tried to find stuff to DF him with but couldn't,he was out and clear.

Silly bu**er went back in the end, on his terms though,just goes when he wants,does what he wants.

Knowing your situation I would be careful not to give off any vibes, which may mean the odd appearance,arrive late, leave early sort of thing.

I quickly got to the point where I would have found it too difficult,traumatic, to go,so never did.

whatever happens,good luck,

love

Wobble

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you share your Kingdumb Hell with another congregation, you might try switching haphazardly between the two. Each side will think you went to the other side. At this point, you can simply start blowing off the boasting sessions altogether. Once you are comfortable with this, you start missing more and more of the boasting sessions until the one time you pull the plug. After that, you do not want to go to even a single boasting session.

Going between two different congregations makes it that much more difficult for the hounders to decide whose turn it is to hound you.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

if you continue to try to fade, what you should do during the occasional meeting you may go to, is to at all possible costs & discomfort is to avoid going to the washroom if you can totally avoid it. usually there is some elder in there or someone else who is snoopy & may try to question you. but try to avoid going to the can if it isn't extremely necessary.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Really nice meeting you. You were a lot cuter than I had anticipated.

Hope you can work your way out of the web of the society. Not going to be easy but is doable. Best of luck with that…..

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

cantleave would be great to see you at our mini Apostanoodle on the 4/11,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit