I survived a 3 minute open mic

by Irreverent 16 Replies latest jw friends

• finding my way
    finding my way

Awesome!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Will you remember us when you're famous?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wish I knew. I would have brought a minivan full of ex-dubs to it, if I could have. Tell us next time.
    Irreverent getting funny for an audience. The hours of driving would have been worth it for a 3-minute performance and good times with good people.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

OMG replies. Big Tex: I was crude but it didn't include animals. I thought about the Texas crowd before going on stage. I think that most of the people there were under 35. Chickpea: No obvious jitters on the platform ( oops stage). The comedy club overseer gave me a G for timing. Dissed: I thought about just doing that; trying to hook up with comics who perhaps needed material. I would like to hang out with some of them and feel out how they come up with ideas. OM: Blondie's support gives me the freedom to spread those comic wings. Jamiebowers: My coworkers have already been asking when I am going to go again. Some of my female friends want to come to the next one that I can get into. This is part of the marketing plan for the club I am sure. The club was packed, over 100 people. There were about 30 comics scheduled in 2 1 1/2 hour segments. My sole intent in doing this was to satisfy an urge that has been inside of me for over 20 years. If only 1 person laughed; that would be enough. OTWO: That's funny; I think that 1/2 of the comics in the first segment were from Chicago. IF I ever do this enough so that I am going to be given the privilege of more time; then maybe I could see the driving up from Chicago. Thanks for the support. It's hard to explain my 3 minute bit. Let's just say that the subject dealt with a serious male health issue.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So- impotence, viagara, and prostate cancer. What a riot.

I bet you did better than these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGlLZoJR0Z8&feature=player_embedded#

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You know Irrev, I honestly could see you do this. You've got the persona and the style to do it. The thing is, from what little I've heard and read, this sort of thing takes years and years to hone to the right degree. Just sayin', I think you could be a good observational stand up.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

Big Tex: Oh I agree! The first hurdle is the biggest, now the real learning begins. I have no illusions of grandeur. Like I said, I am doing this for myself. If I can connect with an audience and invoke some personal feeling that leads to laughter, then I have accomplished my goal. Sometimes the most interesting journies in life result in the most unexpected rewards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit