I survived a 3 minute open mic

by Irreverent 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

at a local comedy club. It was something that I always wanted to do!! Two of my co-workers came to witness my performance. I actually got some real laughs (not just the polite ones) and I did not go over the time limit and did not freeze or soil my undergarments while performing. The whole scene was a lot of fun. When I left at intermission (early morning at work); a few of the comedians told me that I did really good for the 1st time.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

That my friend takes real balls. I know you were terrified! Congratulations! :)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

very cool!

lisa

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Care to share some of your material with us?

-Aude.

• chickpea
    chickpea

kudos!!

i have survived my first open mic too
    and am dying for another go-round!

good for you for seeing it through!

that dry throat quiver? sux, doesn't it?

• wobble
    wobble

Well done me old mucker !

I would be up for performing, I just haven't bothered to produce some original material.

Our house though, is like a well scripted comedy show, I have two sons living at home who both have terrific comedy talent, they come out with stuff and run with it till you are literally ROTFLYAO !

I guess I need to plagiarise some of their riffs and make them into an act, I doubt 3 minutes would be long enough !

love

wobble

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Way cool Irrev! No doubt the audience was dazzled by your brilliance.

So these two guys are walking and they come across a this dog that's licking himself. First guy says, "Hey wouldn't it be great if we could do that?"

Second guy says, "You do and that dog'll bite yooooooooouuuuuuuu!"

• dissed
    dissed

I could NEVER do what you did, that's tough. I have more fun writing the stuff for the guys who get up there.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Congrats Irreverent!

Was Blondie there?

Nice to see you posting.

om

• blondie
    blondie

No, om, I could not be there this time. I am still struggling physically. But next time.

This is Irreverent afterwards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit