Wilbur Lingle, author of the new book "What The Watchtower Society doesn't Want You To Know"

by koolaid-man 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I must have been cross-confusing Wilbur Lingle's name with the name of my old pal, Stanley Weigel, who was a circuit servant in NYC and is now one of the bigger wheels within wheels in the Dub heirachy.

Right now I'm listening to Lingle's talk "More than one way to witness." I like the way his voice slips into a strained "Bobcat Goldthwait" -like mode every few sentences.

see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFA1itT7VBA

I feel obligated to explain where I'm coming from. I'm a HUMANIST and an ATHEIST. I disagree that Wilbur is encouraging people to exchange one cult for another. I don't feel that all religions are cults. If a person moves from being a JW to being a member of almost any other mainstream religion, they are getting out from under a mind control cult and into something that permits people to be more "normal." From there they can continnue to grow in wisdom, knowledge and understanding until they too become HUMANIST ATHEISTS, free of the fear of invisible friends and enemies.

Come! Kiss Hank's ass with me!

• designs
    designs

issacaustin, isn't that why there are public forums like this one for these ideas to be analyzed.

Here you have good ol Wilbur trying to convert Witnesses to Fundamentalism and a Trinity, both of which concepts have huge problems ethically, historically, and structurally.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No, that is not his ministry Designs. it is to help nonJWs co-exist with JW spouses. He has also written expose's of the org as well as ways to get the JWs to think....

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Why don't you grow up and start your own thread and discuss your problem like a man.

• whyizit
    whyizit

I too have been very fortunate to have met Wilbur Lingle and he has been a personal friend of mine for nearly 6 years.

He has given me endless support, he has helped former JW friends I have referred to him, and he has never asked for one thin dime. If anyone thinks he is getting rich from counter cult ministries, believe me, he is not. I have been to his home. Although he has a lovely home, it is quite clear he and his wife are not "rich" in the monetary sense.

I encourage anyone who needs help understanding what is going on with family members who are in the JWs or Mormons to read his books. He even welcomes people contacting him. He has been an enormous encouragement in my family's lives. He is not hateful or money grubbing. I cannot count the times he has called me long distance to help me with a problem I was facing, and never hinted at the idea of a donation. it was out of his own pocket. It is a blessing to know him and his wife!

• designs
    designs

isaacaustin, his esstential religious belief is as I described. It is a shameful theology at its core and should discussed fo its merits and flaws as any other ideology.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

isaacaustin, his esstential religious belief is as I described. It is a shameful theology at its core and should discussed fo its merits and flaws as any other ideology.

NO ONE CARES.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Designs, you have gone off-topic. That is not what the book is about.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

I'm working on a thread just for you, since you are to cowardly to start your own. I'm gonna help you out one of these days.
  • TD
    TD

Interesting.

I think that for the average participant on JWN, who is extremely well informed already, Mr. Lingle's expertise would probably be perceived as more properly falling into the areas of methodology, approach and technique. (Similar to that of Steve Hassan.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit