What do you need to do to get FIRED around here?

by lepermessiah 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Seinfeld Fans - remember the episode where George is so desperate to get fired by the Yankees that he does all these things to defy the boss and STILL keeps his job?

Well, I have been going through the same thing at the KH. I havent been to a Thursday meeting in weeks, I am getting like 2 hours of field circus a month (just mailing it in while my fade progresses) I dont comment, most people know that I would rather not be there, etc.....

So I go last night since it is the CO visit, and my wife really wanted me to come. Sure enough, the minute I walk in, they ask my to do sound or pass a microphone! I told them no, I didnt feel like it.

I couldnt help but laugh since there are men in the hall who are doing a lot better than I am, and still do not have "priviliges"

I think my next step is going to be saying "You know, I really dont deserve these priviliges right now, so I think its better if you dont use me"

I just want to be left alone and be able to bolt ASAP after the meeting!!!

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I love that episode of Seinfeld! It's kind of flattering though that they still hold you in esteem and want to use your services...lol. I'm sure it won't be too long before they stop asking :) Who knows, maybe your wife has asked them to do it, to try and encourage you?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Didn't George try streaking? You could give that a try, with or without the body suit.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I remember that Seinfeld episode. Funny how these things actually happen in real life. I work with a guy who asked our boss a similar question. After the last round of packages were handed out and he didn't get one, he asked the boss:

"What do I have to do on your desk to be rated unsastifactory so I can get a package?!"

Sometimes it sucks to be wanted.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I couldnt help but laugh since there are men in the hall who are doing a lot better than I am, and still do not have "priviliges"

Maybe not...if they're single, they're probably chronic masturbaters!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Try taking a blanket to the KH and sleep under your seat during the meeting.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Get a tie tack with the old wt logo.

If they ask about it, say it's the original wt logo. You probably wouldn't get dfd but they would think you lost your marbles (not that marbles are a job requirement).

I've always thought of making a few of these and selling them. :D

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

...if they're single, they're probably chronic masturbaters

You got to keep your pimp hand strong, can't let it slack.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Rebel8, that's a great idea. "Old Light" tie tacks!!!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Funny but when we came out about our child being molested by a fellow JW the very next month my husband was taken off the list. They fired him on the spot I suppose without talking to him or asking if he needed a break. Nothing! After months of trying to figure out what was going on, we took it as a little hint we might have done the wrong thing by going to the police before them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit