Hello Hello (Continued) Intros ....

by Roamingfeline 20 Replies latest social relationships

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Welcome, Wayne. Glad to have you here. I'm certain with time you will have many friends, both online and off. Thanks for telling your story.

RCat

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hi Wayne,
    Saw your story on AJWRB and truly felt for you. I'm not much of a poster so far, (cause larc, my hubby, hogs the keyboard, eh) but I think you will like this forum. It's a great place to express your feelings and relate to the experience of others. Check out JAVA's bio - his wife also turned him in. It's quite a process of adapting when your thrust out of the organization - but I think brighter days will surface for you - hang in there friend...I think you'll have a better life in the near future in all ways.

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

Snowball,
    I have little to offer. I have doubts regarding Jehovah's spirit and the WTBTS. I am "inactive". I have not affiliated myself with any other "christian" org. I can't conceive of this ever occuring. I was raised a Catholic and trained in some of their better schools. I left because of their refusal to accept the bible as the word of God. I studied many other religions. Jdubs have always been the closest thing to the "truth" that I could find. If you feel that you need a little "shelter from the storm", give me a holler. I'm just east of Sac. [email protected]

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hi Wayne a.k.a. Snowball,

Thanks for sharing your interesting bio. As pointed out by ZazuWitts, it looks like we have some things in common with JW spouses. I also consider myself a Unitarian, and know several former Witnesses who used the Unitarian religion as a stepping stone back into a religious community. I've been a UU member a little over 10 years.

About your Web site--it's GREAT!!! I've had your site listed on the Open Directory (search engine) for some time. As a reader of Orwell, your JW take on Animal Farm is on the mark.

Again, it's nice seeing you here.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey ZazuWitts,

(cause larc, my hubby, hogs the keyboard, eh)

Is that the same affectionate hubby who bought his wife a washing machine for Christmas? Surely, there can't be that many larcs lurking around!

Hey Snowball

I was wondering at your nickname - does it stem from "snowball's chance in hell...." Looks like you're adjusting just fine. I've been to your homepage also. And like Java, - your take on Animal Farm is succinct.

We're all equals here, just some are more equal than others. - pigs {paraphrased}

I'm sorry about your marriage. Thankfully, my husband and I are leaving together with same frame of mind. Others, like yourself, have had a much harder time. Perhaps that makes the victory sweeter?

waiting

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Indeed, waiting, it's the same larc.
    He didn't really buy me a washing machine - insists I do it by hand,Ha.

Don't feel too sorry for JAVA - He now has an intelligent, very pretty spouse who is also warm and gracious and even bakes terrific pies; and, to boot, she has no exJw hangups. How much better could it be for him - right JAVA?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting, I'm pretty sure that Snowball's nickname is from Animal Farm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Snowball the pig who orchestrated things for the farm animals?

• Snowball
    Snowball

Hi Y'all!

Yep, Snowball is the character in Orwell's Animal Farm who truly believes in the principles of Animalism and has high ideals about bettering his community. He's not perfect, but he is sincere. Napolean (the totalitarian ruler of the Farm) sics the dogs on Snowball, and banish him from the Farm. They go on to assasinate his character, blaming Snowball for all that goes wrong on the Farm, and weeding out any 'accomplices', whom they promptly execute.

While my own story may be of some mild dramatic interest, the one whom I really think of that fulfills the Snowball character is Ray Franz. Ray definitely gets my 'Snowball Award"!

I had lots of plans for my website when I started it, and had some articles I wanted to write. But I quickly realized just how rapidly my world-view was changing and didnt quite know how to proceed. Now that I'm getting more comfortable with my perceptions and beliefs, Im thinking about getting back to my site and work on it.
    I also got me a new scanner and have enlarged my library of old WT literature. I've learned a whole lot about HTML lately and plan to continue with my WT Art Gallery. My 'new years resolutions' I guess! So look for updates throughout the upcoming year.

Wayne Rogers

• somebody
    somebody

Hi everybody!

I was raised Catholic, Protesant, and then JW at the age of 8. I walked away when I was 18.

I'm married ( shoot me ,dammit! ) and I have 2 kids. I have a 19 year old son in his second year of college ( future pharmacist ) and a daughter how will turn 17 shorly and a junior in high school. Two great kids they are. I keep waiting for something to go wrong like it's supposed to with teens but nothing has yet! ( knocking on wood )

That's about it. oh, wait, I forgot my name. I'm free to tell my name because I have no family still in the JW to treat me as they would the antichrist. My name is Gwen. Nice to meet you all!

Happy New Year to everyone too !

somebody

~~~~~Just because swans mate for life, I don't think its that big a deal.
    First of all, if you're a swan, you're probably not going to find a
    swan that looks much better than the one you've got, so why not mate
    for life? ~~~~~~

• JAVA
    JAVA

ZazuWitts:

He didn't really buy me a washing machine - insists I do it by hand,Ha.

Hey, I just talked with larc, and he said he got you a NEW WASHBOARD for Christmas. However he does have a request when you go down to the creek with the washboard; please use a little less starch when doing larc's underwear. He really appreciates getting his laundry done twice a year, but it takes 3 months for the starch to wear off, and another month before his skin heals.

Don't feel too sorry for JAVA - He now has an intelligent, very pretty spouse who is also warm and gracious and even bakes terrific pies; and, to boot, she has no exJw hangups. How much better could it be for him - right JAVA?

Yes, I've taught her everything she knows. Of course it wasn't easy; today's women act like they have equal rights, which creates problems in the Christian family. I let her out of the house so she can earn a little pin money to buy treadle-sewing machine needles, and she has a healthy environment by plowing the garden after removing a few tree stumps. However, I appreciate the fact that she doesn't come from a JW mind-set; and Mormon women don't mind the other women in the house!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit