FINAL UPDATE ON MY PIONEER SISTER'S FADE

by SusanHere 9 Replies latest jw friends

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

My sister was a pioneer for decades. She loved the Jehovah's Witness religion with all her heart and nobody anywhere could have tried harder to live its teachings. That was then. But now, finally ...

She's washed her hands of the Jehovah's Witnesses once and for all. She's done with them. She's been attending the First Evangelical when in her own small town, and the Baptists when in the city. She bought a New International Version Bible after her new aquaintances showed her how flawed the NWT is by comparison, and asked me to send her a King James, which I have.

She has so many deep regrets now for the years devoted to the JWs, and to strict obedience to every rule. She especially regrets how badly her own children turned out as a result of raising them the way she was taught was right.

This is the stage I was fearful of her reaching, the regrets stage. She was trying so hard to live as God wanted her to live, and to receive blessings and happiness like she'd been promised. She gave it her all. And got nothing back but misery and a congregation of false friends who have now deserted her cold. There she is, a widow, no car, no public transportation available, and they won't give her the time of day.

She has one son who remained JW, and has still not had the courage to tell him she has left the religion. She's afraid of what he will say and do. With her gentle, fragile heart, she can't take further rejection.

She has a new man in her life, a Baptist. He's a good person and makes her happy. She's moving out of her town to be close to him in the city. She's like a kid again, bubbly, joyful, laughing, filled with hope for the future. Real hope. For the first time since I don't know when, she's looking forward to living her life. She truly is a new creature this time and it's a joy to behold.

I want to thank all on this board who provided the insight into the JW mind and lifestyle that helped me reach through to her, breaking down the wall one little chip at a time. The key, the biggest chip-breaker, was being able to show her through advance knowledge of what the next publication, next convention, or even next meeting would discuss, that JWs are NOT the ONLY ones doing good things. That was key.

I hope others can find success as they, too, strive to rescue their loved ones from the cold and unloving world of the JWs.

Good luck and God bless,

SusanHere, LDS now and forever

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm glad that your sister left the high-control group. CONGRATS!

The main thing to remember is she is happy now.

• finding my way
    finding my way

Thank you for posting a success story! i was just thinking of posting a request for some success stories to build up my hope that I might one day gain back some family that I've lost. Reading Steve Hassans book made me feel like there was little hope for me helping my Mom out because she's been in so long and she doesn't talk to me because of my status. I hope one day she will come to some conclusions on her own..

sincere question... Don't LDS also practice shunning for apostacy among other things and believe that they are the only ones that have the "truth"? How does this resonate with you when you compare it to Jehovah's Witnesses? Correct me if I'm wrong. My husbands family are "inactive" LDS I guess you would say and my husband only attended for a few years when he was a teen. He doesn't seem to understand a lot of the beliefs so I don't know a whole lot about the religion.

~fmy

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    The key, the biggest chip-breaker, was being able to show her through advance knowledge of what the next publication, next convention, or even next meeting would discuss, that JWs are NOT the ONLY ones doing good things.

And they're not the only ones who preach the gospel. No need to go to church to hear the word. Listen for it on the radio. It is everywhere. You don't have to agree with all of it, I don't, but much of it is wonderful stuff. Of course you'll have to turn off the T.V. But it is important that you don't filter everything they say through the Society's literature. If you do you'll find yourself saying "that's not true, that's not true, etc.," when in fact it is and you're simply spitting out JW propaganda. In other words, you've been brainwashed over the years. You almost have to start from scratch.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#intro

• cantleave
    cantleave

Result! Wish her the best of luck from someone who is strating down the path she has traversed succesfully.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for your story and your wishful thinking for others.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks for posting that. It has made my day.

Cheers

Chris

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I so love a happy ending.

lisa

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am so happy for her even though I don't really know her, LOL! But I have been down that road, regretting raising six children in this hideous religion, and finally realizing that I was being misled becoming tired of taking orders from deceitful men who are not any more "spiritual leaders" than Jim Jones or David Koresh. My very best wishes for your sister's bright future!

hugs,

Annie

• Lieu
    Lieu

I hope she finds some true happiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit