by Lillith26 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My parents calling me numerous times a day. Today's count: 8

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My parents never calling me. Count for the last 5 years: 0

My siblings never calling me. Count for the last 8 years: 0

I'm actually not real sure this peeves me.......

• Lillith26
    Lillith26
    "chihuahua who can't yet accept that he's really not a Rottweiler"

AGuest- I have a similar proplem with my staffy, Jetty thinks shes human. She sleeps in bed with my husdand and I- under the covers, in the middle and snores. She sulks and wines something that sounds like "mum mum mum" when she wants attention and her belly rubbed. She smiles and although she is too big to be a 'lap dog' she missed the memo and jumps up anyway...... it wouldn't be home without her :)

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Palmtree- that sooo sad I'm peeved at em for you!

Lill

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Since it's your thread, I feel okay 'hijacking" it for a sec... to share something about my 'kids' (Louie, 6 lbs., and Liyah, his 8 lb. daughter - her mom's half chihuahua/half mini pinscher). Anyway, I am out of town right now, visiting a dear friend and will be heading to SoCal tomorrow for the weekend. So, I had to leave them with "Papa." Well, Papa just called me and said they met him at the door "all excited," but then sat there for some time... staring at the door... waiting for me to come in. And of course, I didn't. Then he said their food bowls were still full - they hadn't eaten all day.

Now that might not seem like a huge deal but I am a bit worried as my little "Rottweiler', Louie, has some separation issues (I got him at 6 weeks from people who were trying to get rid of him quickly, so I had to wean him. This caused me to have to carry him around in a little bag for awhile and ever since he's been a bit tied tied to the hip). Anyway, I boarded him once (for 4 days) and when I returned the attendant said, 'ummmm... he didn't do so well." Come to find out... he hadn't eaten anything during the entire time, and so lost 1.5 pounds! He was skin and bones and could barely walk when I picked him up. Broke my heart! He wouldn't look at or "speak' to me for 2 days after.

So, now I'm a bit concerned. The female will be okay - she's a 'daddy's girl' and he's home now, so she ate. But my "boy" has not, yet... and, well, I'll probably have less of a wonderful time, worrying about him. I miss them both already, and I only left this morning. Ah, well...

May it be Sunday night soon!

SA, on her own... and trying not to get mushy-er...

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Poor Louie is missing his mum..... I think mum/SA needs some hugs too

Big Hug Big Hug Mommy Big Hug

They really do become our children dont they.... I have all boys at home.... Jet is my little girl.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

1. When you call to make an appointment, please have a day and time in mind BEFORE you dial. I don't have time to be "on hold" while you check your schedule. Oh, and it annoys me when you ask "is there a certain time that works best for you?" and they say "ohhhh, anytime is fine." So then you list about ten different times and they tell you "No, that won't work."

Sorry to pick on all the little Napolean complex dog owners . I'd say what annoys me the most is when the owners don't MOVE AWAY from me, especially if I'm the one by the fence & can't move over. When I am able to, I scoot over....I just wish they'd offer the same courtesy. We're talking 190lbs of pure muscle after all (the dogs, not me).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

People who call me for no particular reason. And they always seem to do it when I'm eating. Also when telemarketers call me and transfer me to an automated message. It's annoying enough that you're calling me at all. At least allow me the pleasure of hanging up on an actual human being.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, dear Lillith26... and I "get" you, AwSnap (may you both have peace!). Common sense says, even if your toy THINKS he's a Tonka... thinkin' don't make it so... and that it's HIS life what's risked if you don't get out of the way. I do try to steer clear, but I have to admit I am SO grateful that most big dogs are just big 'ol lovable, gentle giants. I am in awe of their patience with him. He doesn't yap at them... but he does get in their face (and I mean right IN it) to greet them. And so, I like his spunk. Their big poop... ummmm... not so much (I scoop... and I can only do so much, you know? ).

BTW, Lill... trip downs south got cancelled. One trip member has come down with flu (poor thing!), another had to stay to care for him (and wasn't feeling so well herself), my husband's boss "needed" him... and we had a severe roof leak due to the psuedo-deluge this past weekend and spent all day and "trip" money fixing it Sunday). So, that left me and a single man to drive down... and well, we thought "ummmm... naahhhhh!" Sooo....

But my tyke was ECSTATIC to see me walk in the door! And, yes, I carried him around in the crook of my arm for a little bit - - LOLOL!

Peace!

SA, on her own

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit