The movie "2012." Has everyone turned dub?

by parakeet 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• parakeet
    parakeet

Has anyone else seen the preview ads for the movie "2012"? It's like WT Armageddon illustrations come to life (except that everyone's not dressed like it's still the 1950s).

What's the deal with the year 2012? I thought it was just a dub thing.

• John Doe
    John Doe

People freak out periodically, especially around certain arbitrary numerical dates. Remember y2k?

• dgp
    dgp

It's not only Jehovah's witnesses who think that the end of the world is coming. All Christians do; the difference is, how. Our civilization has a very strong Christian component to it. We have followed Christian religions for so long that some of those teachings are inside of us without us realizing of it. The idea about "the end of the world" is always there.

I am not a JW and never will be one, and still I can remember how I felt when I was like 13 and people told me the world would end by the time I were 25. Or how the Antichrist would be born in 1966 and would be released from his chains by 1999, the year when the world would end. Here we are, ten years after that supposed date. The difference for me is, I didn't make my life depend on that lie.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Our ex-JW meetup group is going to see 2012, then discuss it.

I figure it will be quite a good laugh- "Yup, that's what we thought was going to happen."

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    What's the deal with the year 2012? I thought it was just a dub thing.

It's the end of one of the cycles on the Mayan calendar. No big deal.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

2012 not a dub thing. The movie looks good though.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

parakeet, celebrated Wt scholars realized they made a few errors, and 2012 will be the end of the world...they have the precise calculations. Scholar will be by shortly to explain.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

but seriously parakeet....this sort of craze sells...when the WT came into existance there were many apocalyptic cults coming about. Recently....look at the Left Behind series.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Just search Youtube for 2012. You'll find all kinds of stuff about the end of the mayan calendar, nibiru, the annunaki, etc. As was stated earlier, some people like to freak out every so often.

W

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit