Pocket Guide to Dealing with jws in Social Situations {just in time for the holidays}

by rebel8 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I'm around JWs and they start their "we are in the last days" talk I just act as if I did not even hear it. I only respond to their non-preaching statements.

When dealing with shunning, I always ensure they must be proactive in their shunning. I will not tip-toe around them. I'll walk up and talk to them like any other normal person. If they want to shun me, they will have to do it overtly and intentionally.

• VIII
    VIII

I love it!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Elsewhere, we're on the same page!

Everyone, I suppose if this is going to become a useful guide for the general public, we need some entries on dealing with unwanted visits (not doctrinal, just how to handle their social faux pas)....etc....so go ahead and share!

"Heres my email, if you want to meet with me for coffee some time"*
    *Careful they may think "COFFEE STUDY"

• carla
    carla

Asking you to come back-- Ask them in return if they would like to join you at your church service, wiccan- whatever they call their service, the new Mosque in town, politcal rally, tea party, etc...

• cognac
    cognac

If they say they would like to meet with you...

Say, "Sure! I was hoping you would ask! You know, I was just gonna ask you, how do you know Jerusalem fell in 607 vs 586/587? I couldn't figure it out. If you could come over with the answer to that, that would be great! Give me a call when it's a good time for you!"

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

this just may come in handy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit