It's nice to see the WTS is lightening up...

by peacedog 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Remember, Virginia you just can’t remove power from human beings and expect them to enjoy it and approve of it.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I once attended, at a Catholic church, the funeral of one of my apartment complex's workers. The manager of the apartment complex came to the funeral but did not enter the church.

villabolo

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome Peacedog...great opening post. I love sarcastic comments, and for what it's worth, I got you from the beginning.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The traditional stance taken in Canada is that attendance at a church for a funeral or wedding is technically a conscience matter but the "stumbling others" counsel was always given right alongside of it. What if someone who knew you as a JW saw you entering a house of false religion? These matters should be seriously weighed when making a decision to support such a worldly event... blah blah

However being an active participant in such an event is cause for disciplinary action including being removed from a privilege such as pioneering or serving as an elder of MS. Since in this circumstance the JW would be particpating in some form of false worship.

Uzzah - who can't believe he can still parrot this crap after being our for more than a decade.

• Quentin
    Quentin

It is, was a no-no...I've been out thirty years...it was something as a jw you did not do....

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Unspoken rules,

laws, and regulations,

when punished, are no

different than if spoken

It is simply "Plausible Deniability"

• finding my way
    finding my way

Welcome

I understood who and what you were talking about from the beginning. I found it hilarious! It doesn't matter what that person/persons might claim. We all know what's up. We've been in and know all too well. That person might be trying to help others to see the "truth" and not think it's so bad but the fact that they are doing so on a clearly "apostate" site is VERY weird to me. It is so blatantly against what is allowed by the GB. You can argue against the couple "conscience matters" brought up but it's still being ignored that being here in the first place is not considered a conscience matter! It's not allowed. You can not be an obedient witless if you are here..

Great first post.

~fmy

• peacedog
    peacedog

Thanks all,

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. ;)

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Welcome to the board Peacedog... great first post ( I got the sarcasim lol)...

• avishai
    avishai

Hey, peacedog, you a fan of "The Cult?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit