It's nice to see the WTS is lightening up...

by peacedog 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes Peacedog nothing has changed on the points mentioned. The WT is even harder on apostasy/

• VIII
    VIII

Sheesh, next thing you know angel eyes will tell us that she will let her kids go (or she does) to funerals in churchs of other faiths. Or marriages of non-JW family members in their churchs!! Jah Forbid!!

Fun Forrest Fun!!!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

VIII you really are making things clearer.....loads from my old cong and others attend funerals in churches, not weddings though...i'll give you that, not that its a disfellowshipping.

dont keep pretending these things are wrong....yes you live in other countries but clearly things arent that different. Maybe your trying to make me see that the gb arent united world wide.....it wont work.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wedding/funerals are, in writing, a matter of choice....

Yes, the GB is united, at least in appearance and they are universally strict on what they allow or forbid...for example on aposatsy, apostate websites, apostate lit, etc....

• VIII
    VIII

In the US, a true, strong JW would never step foot in a church. No matter it be for a funeral, where a Priest or Pastor etc., will give a Mass for the deceased or a marriage. I recently attended a funeral at a Catholic church for a deceased and a full mass was held. Neither my Mom nor any of my JW relatives attended.

Why? Because the Priest gave a full on Mass. With Eucharist. I am sure you know what that is.

So, go, have fun at funerals. Which I totally don't believe.

Why Marriages are off limits is beyond comprehension. Only a brain dead JW could come up with that one. Zero on the logic scale.

Run Forrest, Run!!!

• chickpea
    chickpea

now THAT is a DC i would attend...

the one where all those announcements are made!!!

(guess i won't be attending any DCs anytime soon)

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

thanks IA....VIII was trying to stir things. Clearly.

Glad i have pm to speak to ones to get the facts..how else is someone meant to know whos winding me up or being honest.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

VIII what is a mass? Ive been to funerals, they sing and chat about the person end of.....logic....yes you clearly havent.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcomes.

sir82, sorry for the confusion. (Mental note to self, stay away from sarcasm... ;)

In my time inside the organization I never knew an elder who would have permitted any of these things either. Quite the opposite actually........

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

matter of conscience AE, BUT not to be spoken of or endorsed either.....and generally a 'strong' jw would not do the church wedding....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit