It's nice to see the WTS is lightening up...

by peacedog 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacedog
    peacedog

When I was attending, an elder would never give tacit approval to a jw's participation on a website like this. And I mean NEVER. Back then procedure was a harsh warning followed by disfellowshipping if the behavior were to continue.

When I was being raised a jw, no witness in good standing, let alone a pioneer, would EVER consider allowing his/her children to attend a Halloween or birthday party. Seems as though the days of "mental regulating of youth" are in the rear view mirror.... How great is that? Back when I was attending, procedure for the 'wayward' parent would have been a harsh warning followed by disfellowshipping.

And when I was in, JWs would absolutely most assuredly NOT introduce their studies to an apostate website... Back then it was all "you cannot be partaking of 'the table of Jehovah' and 'the table of demons'". Doing that would be "inciting Jehovah to Jealousy". (1 Cor 10:21,21 NWT)

Things have sure changed in just a few short years...

peace

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL yeah, pretty soon the WT will accept the trinity as well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, PeaceDog.

Not lightening, tightening.

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

nevermind

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome PeaceDog!

The thing is....things have not changed! Just the stories told.....

• sir82
    sir82
    When I was attending, an elder would never give tacit approval to a jw's participation on a website like this. And I mean NEVER. Back then procedure was a harsh warning followed by disfellowshipping if the behavior were to continue.

You seem to imply that things have changed, that elders now do give "tacit approval" to visiting web sites such as this one?

What the hey? That just simply wouldn't happen. At least not with any of the several hundred elders I've known in my lifetime.

The OP is highly confusing....what makes you think elders are giving permission?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

They haven't changed on any of the things you've mentioned, PeaceDog. The credibility of those statements is in doubt. Welcome aboard!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I think peacedog meant it sarcastically. He was kidding, he knows the org for what it is and those assertions made by another poster are bs.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

welcome peace dog... . good to have you on board, nice to learn how things were before my time in the truth and to see how many whom are now adults trult didnt blossom from the strict parents they had, hence we raise our children how we were raised, we werent pushed into being jw and we wouldnt do that to anyone we met on the street,neither our own children.

They havent ever gone to bday parts or halloween, they choose not to, this way we wont have our children growing up saying they were made to do things, they are healthy children as im sure ones on here would want any child to be.

• watson
    watson

Ditto IA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit