• sweet pea
    sweet pea

They are just SO full of **it.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Heaven
    Heaven

The definition of insanity: Doing the same things over and over again expecting different results.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

(Hi, McseMike and everybody)

Look, it's pretty damn obvious this religion is just extending its 'lease' another century. It is like a never-ending 'going out of business' sale. The charade is obvious to all of us. The idea is to make sure it is obvious to all the newbies and anybody else out there.

This is why sites like this one are very important in order to inform everybody what is really going on and I am very grateful they exist.

• Mary
    Mary
    In the early 1920's, a featured public talk presented by Jehovah's Witnesses was entitled 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die.' This may have reflected over-optimism at that time. But today that statement can be made with full confidence."

The only statement that can be made with 'full confidence' is when Rutherfraud stated: "I made an ass of myself" on this very subject.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here we go again; more lies!

Watchtower February 15th 2010 to be studied this coming Sunday 25th April 2010

Available here: http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNZNT

"The Spirit and the Bride Keep On Saying: ‘Come!’ " page 14

paragraph 8

The anointed followers of Christ have been extending the invitation since as far back as 1918. In that year, the public talk entitled "Millions Now Living May Never Die" offered hope that many will gain life in a paradise earth after the battle of Armageddon. A talk given at the convention of Bible

Students at Cedar Point, Ohio, U.S.A., in 1922 urged listeners to ‘advertise the King and his kingdom.’

The book following the 1918 talk was clearly entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" and even the picture at top of page 16 in this Watchtower shows "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" although the caption "Many will gain life in Paradise on earth"

To me there is a world of difference between 'will' and 'may', why don't they clean up their act?

• carla
    carla

So what does the TM school tell them to say about this if a householder brought it up? run like hell?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How many attended the Memorial this year? How many partook of the Emblems™ (gagging as I type that)?

We won't have 2010 numbers until 2011. But in 2009 there were 10857 partakers, a full 2000 more than there were in 1996. Then there are the probably several thousand who have died in the interim and you're looking at a pretty big turnover in "anointed" over the last decade and a half.

As for the "May" versus "Will" thing. The talk did indeed begin as "...May Never Die" and then within a few months they changed the title of the talk to match the book, "...Will Never Die." The borg never explains it; they just use "May" as often as possible and "Will" as rarely as they can get away with.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Used car salesmen have nothing on these guys. They should give all the newly baptized JW's a set of steak knives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit