Watchtower says Millions Living in 1997 “Will Never Die”

by LUKEWARM 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Fantastic find, Lukewarm!

I guess I wasn't studying my Watchtowers well enough to spot these priceless gems and therefore sent the next generation off to University 4 years ago. The bloody 'system of things' is STILL HERE....they are now graduating and have already found useful full employment, even in these dire dark days of the world's end....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They did the same thing in 1969--when people going to college were not supposed to be graduating. Anyone that went to college in 1969 would be getting close to retirement these days, and with a better retirement fund than had they heeded the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in 1969.

Now that they have stretched the "generation" into the next generation, they have until around 2100 to bring on the end. This means more pushes, more people's lives wasted, and more continuing pressure to pio-sneer. And, new problems when 2100 gets closer in order to keep the cancer alive into the 22nd century.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

in 1997 the convention said we were in the last hours or minutes too.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

and every year before 97, and after..

• VIII
    VIII

How many attended the Memorial this year? How many partook of the Emblems™ (gagging as I type that)?

13 years ago "The Memorial report for 1996 shows that 12,921,933 attended, of whom only 8,757 (.068 percent) indicated their heavenly hope by partaking of the emblems."

Wasn't it more this year? Partakers that is?

How can the Annointed possibly stay steady or go up? And how can the Society explain it? Why doesn't the R&F question it?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they've never missed a year Issac in peddling their lies, it's one thing they are consistent with

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I guess that they think eventually they wil be right and then they'll say "WE TOLD YOU SO !!!".

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

How about "never had any idea what truth is, don't have any idea now, and NEVER WILL have any idea what truth is."

I don't know who will be left to go door to door with this nearly 125 year old lie. During the next 10 or 20 years, most JW's will be standing in line filing for Social Security (their checks will be very small and easy to carry), food stamps, welfare checks, and visiting psychologists that take charity cases for a reduced fee.

I know many of us who joined in the 70's had NOT heard anything about the hundreds of lies concerning the history of the WT. Nothing about 1874, Russell's wife, Russell's conduct, and the list goes on. Now that all this is freely available on the Internet, there is no excuse for JW's not to do the research. We didn't have any way to do this in the 70's unless you found someone or the occasional KH that had a library with all the books from the beginning. And many of those frowned on reading by yourself in the back room and NO way could you take any books home. I know, I used to be the Congregation Librarian.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes, Haggai 2:4 states: “‘Be strong, all you people of the land,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and work. For I am with you people,’ is the utterance of Jehovah of armies.”

What more proof do you need?

The WBT$ quoted Haggi!!

If Haggi does`nt know WTF is going on..

Who does?!

..........................OUTLAW

• dissed
    dissed

I ave full confidence that statement is a bunch of BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit