American Pit Bull attacks American jdub in Oz

by Mattieu 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think pits should only be own by people who a totally informed about the breed and who totally respect the temperment and power of that breed and who take steps not to abuse the dogs and raise them for fighting. That being said I'm not one of those people and I would never own a pit or allow one in my house or around my children.

• quinnsmom
    quinnsmom

Thanks, Avishai!!!! Great information about a great breed!! I wish people understood this breed more, they are awesome dogs! The media has done much to harm their reputation and the people constantly buy into the hype and misinformation. Any dog can become aggressive when it is poorly socialized, starved, chained and neglected. This breed seems to be magnet for all the thugs in this world and they suffer for it greatly. Having said that, they are my favorite breed of all time and I know many, many pits including owning two myself.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

All pit bulls are not bad, or mean. I've known several people that own them, and they could not be more loving to their owners or visitors. On the other hand, I have seen some that are vicious, just like many other breeds of dogs. You can not say ALL pits are bad, just as you can not say that all whites, jews, blacks, asians, ect are bad. There is always an exception any time anyone says that all of anything is bad.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Lol! I didn't mean to imply that this guy was out witto when he was attacked! Obviously just out walking his dogs during an evening stroll, der fred.....

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

What happened to this guy could (and did) happen to others- my point was that irrespective of religion of the victims or breed of the dog ... the owners should be charged and fined for letting the dog roam around the street in the first place!

So what if the guy is a jw? he got hurt! so instead of 'kicking him while hes down' (so to speak), why not try and show a bit of compassion for him?? or maybe the young girl who was also hurt? the animals that this dog killed?????

dont der fred me... that is so 1980's and you are NOT in the BORG anymore- you have a heart mate... use it!

• trueblue
    trueblue

and I wasn't trying to insinuate that all Pit Bulls are bad,

I think I was anxious to get done with my comment thinking that I was boring someone and just wasn't thinking about what I was saying, and at the same time what I may have ment is that I have not seen anything like it. That they must be bad azz in some sort of good way. Like AWESOME.

I have not seen a dog with such determenation before.

And yes the dog was giving a warning that was due to come and I can understand what it was. That he had it in for me for making so much noise for a couple of weeks remodeling my house. Running roofing guns and such.

I was really scared, he was really pissed at me.

I do beleive that I have heard that before that Pit Bulls do not have a locking jaw, I forgot, and I am glad that I was corrected for what I said.

Sorry to all the Pit Bull lovers, and especially to the Pit Bulls

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Dont dont der fred me! 1980's?? Der fred, which era do you think I am stuck in! That explains why I still listen to Kids in the Kitchen, INXS, Crowded House, Kate Cebrano, Noiseworks, Simpleminds, Spandau Ballet, Style Council, Pet Shop Boys (no im not gay, though kissed a guy who was once!), Hall & Oats.................. Ok, so I dont listen to Hall & Oats.

how very Aussie of you Mattieu! just kick em' while their down hey mate????

Hey Lillith, when did I do that? Please explain.....

and this one:

and you are NOT in the BORG anymore- you have a heart mate... use it!

???????

Mattieu.

• avishai
    avishai
    I think I was anxious to get done with my comment thinking that I was boring someone and just wasn't thinking about what I was saying, and at the same time what I may have ment is that I have not seen anything like it. That they must be bad azz in some sort of good way. Like AWESOME.
    I have not seen a dog with such determenation before.
    And yes the dog was giving a warning that was due to come and I can understand what it was. That he had it in for me for making so much noise for a couple of weeks remodeling my house. Running roofing guns and such.
    I was really scared, he was really pissed at me.

No prob, TB, sorry for going off on you. And in your situation, using the roofing gun to shoot said animal if he was after you is perfectly acceptable. Breed specific hate bugs me. Inept owners that breed monsters bug me worse, so I have no problem shooting a dog that is a threat to me or my family.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

The original artical doesn't even mention the guy's last name- so obviously you know more about him or even know him????

You said in your first post that you too have been attacted by a dog before (so you of all people should know how it feels)... but thats where you leave it... no "oh that poor guy, hope hes Ok", or " OMG that poor kid" comments from you at all.... you just seemed more interested in what religion the guy was/is and who hes related too... like that has anything to do with artical....

Oh wait... I get it... hes originally from America and it was an 'American' Pitty that did it...... I see the irony- Ha HA aaaarh pooot! would it still seem funny if that young girl or that guy was killed by that dog???? didn't think so.....

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Matt.... you are a nice guy, i guess i was just expecting you to show a bit more heart and put a bit more thought to your post that you did- we are all guity of doing this from time to time- sorry if I hit a raw nerve with my posts, but I live near Whitton NSW(google and you'll know why I snapped)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit