Law of Attraction

by INTK 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• INTK
    INTK

hello,

Just wondering if it is okay to practice the law of attraction as per the book "The Secret". If you are committed to Jehovah, would the law of attraction simply be something to improve your life but at the same time staying grounded with God.
    Is this to be avoided by Brothers and Sisters or is it okay if you do practice it knowing that Jehovah did create the laws of the universe. I can't find anything in any past Watchtower or Awake articles. I do appreciate anyone comments.

Thanks

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board. *waves*

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome to the board INTK

Why do you feel like you have to check with other people as to whether something is ok to do? God gave you a wonderful brain that has the ability to reason and make decisions. I haven't read the secret, but if you feel like what is written in it would be beneficial to put into practice, then what would prevent you from doing so? I do think that many self-help books provide some good food for thought. You might also consider looking for one that will help you become more confident in your own thinking and reasoning abilities. Why do you need admitedly imperfect men to decide what's ok for you to do? Here's another good question: what kind of God would want you to avoid doing something that would improve your life?

• INTK
    INTK

You're missing my point... people also do research before making decisions as well. As imperfect men

as you say ... we dont have all the answers to everything. That is why I have posted to get other peoples thoughts

on the subject.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Actually, I don't think that reading "The Secret" in the first place would be approved by the Watchtower. So, using the pricipals it contains would be frowned on as well.

I have the book. Haven't read it yet, but plan to.

Welcome!

Coffee

• Satanus
    Satanus

In jw world, there isn't room for 'the secret' and jehovah and his holy spirit. His spirit is supposed to do stuff, and you're supposed to request things through prayer, through jesus' magical name. From what i understand of 'the secret', it works through the human subconscious. It would be wrong, in wt view to dabble in such humanistic, possibly demon influenced practices. It's one or the other. Since jehovah is resting, you may be better off w 'the secret', at least until he wakes up. Once he's fully awake!, he'll prolly be pissed, though, at people who refused to wait for him to wake up, and who ran ahead and did stuff on their own.

S

• Gopher
    Gopher

"The Secret" is a self-help book filled with "this world's" thinking, including visualizing personal success and attracting success by focusing on it.

The Society warns against too much attention on personal success which may run counter to the goals they feel a True Christian should have, such as privileges in the organization and a greater share in the ministry.

In this system, JW's are encouraged to not use the world to the full. According to them, people can really only succeed by a full share in the ministry and surviving into the new system. The things that lead to success according to the Society are the fruitages of the spirit, not the laws of attraction.

Having said that, I bought a book based on the same principle called "The Secret to Teen Power" for my 15-year-old niece for her birthday. I think she will enjoy it.

• INTK
    INTK

The Secret is based on the law of attraction which apparently is one of the Universal Laws. jehovah cretaed all

including the Universe ans its laws. Why would he not want us to utilize what he has created.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

The real secret is you paid money for a book that attracts people who think they need help or DIY guidence in 'getting the most out of life'- truth is you are just making someone else rich by buying it in the first place! it's kinda like peddling the Tower and Awake mags for the WTBTS- only your their main customer and free advertising

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I probably should add that the real secret to "the truth" is.... they dont have it! but if they told you that, you'd stop buying it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit