Malawi proof?

by AwSnap 16 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Proof that it happened in Malawi I belief is documented as someone mentioned but it is still mentioned in talks of how faithful witnesses were to be willing to die for being neutral but they never mention that Malawi was single party state and they never mention that Mexican witnesses were bribing officials for an army card. GB is blood guilty in my eyes as they release half truths as usually they do as long as it makes them or wts look good anything else they keep quiet and claim they don't hide nothing by not releaseing such info to the general rank and file as if it's not really important for rank and file to know the WHOLE story.

Part of Mexican coverup is the who BS of them not being registered as a religious body and that can be seen from wts year book (1989???) and comparing that with Mexican constitution of 1917 and putting the clues together why they were not registered. They owned properties in Mexico, attended cultural centers and were cultural organization while everywhere else they faught to be recognized as a religious organization - and it wasn't until 1989(?) that they finally were "granted" a religious recognition? WTF? Mexican contitution allowed freedom of religion and even allows for cults to exists so the least WTS could have done was to register themselves as a cult since 1917 :) So them allowing the Mexicans to bribe officials for the army card was just a way to keep the government off their backs so they could keep control of their properties to do as they wished. Typical WTS half truth deception.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Here is a brief summary from the Proclaimers book. It shows that 34000 Witnesses were affected.

What I think is illogical about it is that the Bible speaks about faithful people such as Joseph even holding high political positions, so it is not Scripturally justifiable to remain separate from politics.

*** jv chap. 29 pp. 674-675 “Objects of Hatred by All the Nations” ***

In Malawi, there is only one political party, and possession of a party card indicates membership. Although the Witnesses are exemplary in paying their taxes, in harmony with their religious beliefs, they decline to buy political party cards. To do so would be a denial of their faith in God’s Kingdom. Because of this, late in 1967, with the encouragement of government officials, gangs of youths throughout Malawi launched an all-out attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses that was unprecedented in its obscenity and sadistic cruelty. Over a thousand devout Christian women were raped. Some were stripped naked before large mobs, beaten with sticks and fists, and then sexually assaulted by one person after another. Nails were driven through the feet of the men and bicycle spokes through their legs, and then they were ordered to run. Throughout the country their homes, furniture, clothing, and food supplies were destroyed.

Again, in 1972, there was a renewed outbreak of such brutality following the annual convention of the Malawi Congress Party. At that convention it was officially resolved to deprive Jehovah’s Witnesses of all secular employment and drive them away from their homes. Even appeals of employers to keep these trusted workers availed nothing. Homes, crops, and domestic animals were confiscated or destroyed. Witnesses were prevented from drawing water from the village well. Large numbers were beaten, raped, maimed, or murdered. All the while, they were mocked and ridiculed for their faith. Upwards of 34,000 finally fled the country to avoid being killed.

But it was not over yet. First from one country and then from another, they were forced back over the border into the hands of their persecutors, only to experience more brutality. Yet, despite it all, they did not compromise, and they did not abandon their faith in Jehovah God. They proved to be like those faithful servants of God concerning whom the Bible says: “Others received their trial by mockings and scourgings, indeed, more than that, by bonds and prisons. They were stoned, they were tried, they were sawn asunder, they died by slaughter with the sword, they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, while they were in want, in tribulation, under ill-treatment; and the world was not worthy of them.”—Heb. 11:36-3 8.

• dinah
    dinah

The Malawi incident used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid and would read the experiences those poor people endured. When I read CoC and discovered the Mexican bribery that was happening, if made me sick. The WT basically said f*** the rank and file, protect our assets. It opened my eyes that they don't give a damn about their followers.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I definitely remember all the horror stories of Malawi. I just wish they had the Mexico stuff published in their literature as well My jw's won't look at anything if it's printed off, unless it comes from literature they recognize (i.e.- WT cd rom)

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Awsnap: Ask a jw how come wts were not recognized as a religion in Mexico until 1989(?) while you show them 1917 Mexican constitution saying all religions had freedom of worship with the exception of owning property. And reason from there - mind you sometimes even that won't open someones eyes to reality. Cult mentality is a hard thing to break down..

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you can't grab a book off their shelf and show them what you are talking about right now, while the iron is hot, you are on the wrong subject.

They are trained not to listen, but are led to believe that they have the answer to everything. Demonstrate that that is not true by asking a question. Make it a good one and don't let them sidetrack you or use any of their other slippery tricks on you. Every time you see them, ask for your answer.

Cheers

Chris

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Demonstrate that that is not true by asking a question. Make it a good one and don't let them sidetrack you or use any of their other slippery tricks on you. I agree completely. That's how I usually do it....by asking a question as if I truly don't understand. I just like to make sure I feel confident with where I'm headed. I know they use off-the-wall answers and sly comebacks...so I just want to be prepared. Thanks for everyone's comments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit