what is xmas dinner?

by highdose 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Roast potatoes, sprouts, yorkshire-puddings, stuffing and gravy ... mmmnn, the best meal ever. I can happily live without a dead bird on the table if I have all that.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Don't forget the gingerbread!

• White Dove
    White Dove

No idea. I never had a xmas dinner before. I'm still very awkward and new at the holidays, too. The above ideas look delicious, though.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

We usually have an Aussie BBQ with cold ham and lots of salads... I make the potato bake!.... xmas morning I make pancakes befor we open our prezzies... It's summer time down under at xmas time so all the "traditional snow white christmas stuff" doesnt apply here... intead of making 'snow men' our family usually plays some back yard cricket or we go swimming...

If your going to do the whole "roast dinner thing" then I'd say go with a nice big pork roast with apple sauce, some hassle back potatoes with butter, beans and a few honey carrots... if you like to serve soups before dinner then i'd start with sweet pumpkin soup and and an aussie damper (google for damper recipe)..... Yummmmmy! Oohh... warm fruit cake or apple pie with ice cream and brandy flavoured custard for dessert!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm getting a little tired of turkeys and hams, so I'm doing something different this year. I'm making a pepper crusted standing rib roast, garlic sour cream mashed potatos, maple glazed carrots, maple syrup pie. There will be more but I haven't decided what yet.

W

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Since we do turkey of course for Thanksgiving, for x-mas we have a spiral glazed ham, almond butter brussel sprouts, candied yams, real mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, pumpkin pies (hubby's fav) rolls and any other desserts family brings. Lots of sweet tea!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Here in the Latin dominated part of Florida, Christmas is celebrated on the 24th .. NOT the 25th.

Something grilled on the barbie (borrowing an Australian word here).

Shrimp work well .. as do fresh local lobster.

A BIG salad and lots of fresh fruit (mangos and papaya are out favorites).

Pina coladas and mojitos and anything else with rum in it.

Music .. salsa and merengue.

So goes a special night in South Florida.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit