Anyone else dealing with the flu?

by frozen one 21 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Froze one, I was sick about a month ago, sounds very similar to your experiences. After a week and a half, I look up the H1N1. Yea I had most all of the symptoms. But 3 days later I was fine.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The flu shot may be useless to YOU, but it's a life saver for ME. If I get the flu, it is the most painful two weeks I ever have to endure. I began getting shots every year and have not been sick with the flu once since. Before the shots, I'd get the flu twice a year. It was horrible and lost me many school days. Once, I was laid up for two months with a lung infection from the flu. As soon as the oink shot becomes available, I'm getting that one, too. I tend to catch everything that comes around.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Frozen one,

Please get lots of rest and lots of OJ. Hope you feel better real soon.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Something went through my kids and caught me. Two of the kids vomited, all four got fevers, two were coughing up a storm. It was over in less than a week for each of them. I got the cough, achiness, a little bit of congestion, but no fever. It's still kind of hard for me to talk but the worst of it was over in two days. Was it the flu or H1N1? Maybe, maybe not. We Joneses don't get sick often, colds maybe once a year and none of us have ever had the flu.

Knock on wood.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

About a month ago I had what you hadm and it lasted about 3 weeks. My husband is going on week 3 of it now. Get plenty of rest and fluids.

• watson
    watson

Some great advice here. I really appreciate the illustrations too. I'm a very visual kind of guy. Thanks Gregor!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God created all things for our benefit?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My grandkids had the swine flu. It lasted 2 weeks. They are just now getting over it.

Hope you feel better soon!!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think the symptoms of H1N1 are the same as the "normal" flu, aren't they?

BTW, I get a flu shot next week.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Thanks for all the warm and fuzzies, people. You are great.

More of the same today - slight fever, some coughing, a bit light headed. I was getting sick to my stomach watching the Ravens field goal unit setting up to kick the game winner with 2 seconds on the clock. How does a professional kicker miss a 40 yard field goal? In a Dome no less!! So the Vikes are 6-0 and I felt much better. But I digress.

I was a bit curious about what the term "fever" meant as all the web sites suggest that one doesn't leave isolation until 24 hours after a fever has subsided. I knew that 98.6 degrees is average normal, but I also know that body temp fluctuates constantly throughout the day depending on what your doing. Doing a little searching I found that a normal range of temp is from 97.1 to 99.5 and a reading of 100.4 is required to be considered a significant fever. The info wasn't very helpful in determining whether or not I am still a contagious menace to society or not. One lesson learned from this is that I should have been writing down my temps from day one to develop a trend line. I wrote down today's readings but I don't think I have enough data points to be much help.

I'm calling my doctor tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit