Propoganda from JW film excerpt: Painting the Fence with Brother Fisek

by OnTheWayOut 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know if this one was posted, but I thought you might want to see what kind of garbage they tell the young ones.

Stop missing meetings, stop setting college and career goals. Run for Jehovah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8t6RKP5MQ&feature=player_embedded#

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

God, I want to gouge my eyes out after watching that crap.

Brother Fisek's accent reminds me of a movie character:

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Its a parody, I think? look at brother Dempsey's page on Youtube.

About Me:

Shortly after i finished painting Brother Fiseks fence i was promoted to the great priviledge of doing sound for Jehovah.After i installed my swimming pool and became more popular in the congregation i was promoted to Ministerial Servant.Everybody who doesnt sell watchtowers will be slaughtered by the god of love jehovah !! My goal is to become an Elder and eventually go to Bethel :D Agape

Its brilliant!!!

No Apologies

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

More About Me:

I continued to make progress in the congregation. After MTS school I continued to pioneer and became the youngest Elder in the Circuit. I did have one lapse involving a young sister and a “few” sessions of heavy petting, but I confessed everything to the Elders. The sister was disfellowshipped a year later confirming everyone suspicions that she was really just a slut. Shortly afterward though I was called to Bethel! I worked with some great people and had allot of fun. Not once did I regret my decision to not get a higher education. I continued to earn additional responsibility and assignments and life was great. I even became a table head. That’s really cool because it lets people know your better than them, because your sitting at the head of the table. Like a man.

Much later though the Holy Spirit directed the Governing Body to make some real estate changes in Brooklyn. Who’s better at timing the NY real estate market than the Holy Spirit! Well anyway rooms are harder to come by and the Corporation needs more lawyers. So to make room for a Brother who went to Law School they asked me to move out to a new assignment in the field!

If you want to know more feel free to contact me! I don’t have and address yet but after 6pm you can usually find me under the bridge where I sleep.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

And you are really going to please god by selling and distributing WTS. literature .

Some ignorant clowns made a commercial for the WTS, I wonder if they copyrighted this little skit.

I have to laugh they must have taken this whole concept right from a WT, yes putting an imaginary god first in your life

in serving him and at the same time serving his earthly publishing corporation. The WTS

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I remember watching this very video a few years back with my wife before our daughter was born. We actually had a conversation about something along these lines tonight. At the last assembly that they had in Richmond, a young girl was brought on stage where she spoke about how she gave up going to college even though she was doing quite well in High School in order to serve Jehovah. I think selfless acts like these are commendable but no one seems to suggest that it is equally possible to serve the Lord and attend college.

So here are some things that was brought up:

Wife: Instead of putting Kingdom interest first, people go to college and pursue "worldly" goals in order to make lots and lots of money.
    Me: You mean like getting a high paying job like a doctor or lawyer.
    Wife: You know they are in it for the money, how is that putting Kingdom interest first?
    Me: I understand what you mean about some lawyers being all about the money. They eventually sell their souls (or violate their concious in a big way) in order to obtain status and wealth. But couldn't a lawyer be useful to the organization? Doesn't the Watchtower society use lawyers to ensure that Jehovah's Witnesses have the freedom to go door to door? Doesn't that benefit Kingdom interest?
    Me: What about doctors? Wouldn't it be nice if a Jehovah's Witness aspires to be a doctor who specializes in performing surgeries without using blood or maybe researches other bloodless treatments that actually work? That would greatly benefit the hapless witnesses facing these real difficult decisions over blood use. Wouldn't this benefit Kingdom interest?

I am not sure why, but this reasoning was lost on my wife. She thinks I am trying to combine worldly things with Kingdom things. I asked her why is it so discouraged for witnesses to go to college. Aren't there people there too who might would benefit from hearing the Kingdom message? The witness could maybe organize a group to perform Bible studies with? If this thing could actually gain traction, I could imaging their numbers getting very large indeed.

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses take such dim views on college? I can understand why one should seek first the Kingdom of God and have all our needs added to us but why take such a dim view of higher education? If every Jehovah's Witness followed this recommendation can you imagine what the Society would be like with all of its member having nothing more than a High School diploma (or maybe not even that).

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Gary, the real reason is that college increases your thinking ability and too many people who learn to think quite being JWs. They're not stupid. They know what makes their numbers go down.

The individual reason is a little different. I didn't go to college because I believed that armageddon was imminent. It would most likely come while I was in college, and I would be wasting time getting an obsolete education instead of saving lives by preaching to people. That's why I dropped out of high school to pioneer. I wasn't good at many things, so I put all my effort into being a good JW. Good JWs are patted on the head for pioneering, not college.

• cheerios
    cheerios

i only made it about 20% thru that video ... that's when i stuck my ballpoint pen into my left eye ... strangely, it was a much better experience than listening to that vomitous drivel coming out of the old idiot's mouth ... unfortunately, it started again, and i had to gouge out my right eye ... as i have no more eyes, i'm not sure what i'll have to do if it starts again

• garyneal
    garyneal

The individual reason is a little different. I didn't go to college because I believed that armageddon was imminent. It would most likely come while I was in college, and I would be wasting time getting an obsolete education instead of saving lives by preaching to people. That's why I dropped out of high school to pioneer. I wasn't good at many things, so I put all my effort into being a good JW. Good JWs are patted on the head for pioneering, not college.

If you do not mind my asking, how long ago was it since you quit HS to pioneer? I only ask this because your statements make you sound like you did this back in the 1970's, however you look very young in your fairy costume picture I saw in another thread. I guess I just find it difficult to believe that JW's are still being encouraged to quit HS and pioneer in 2009.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Its a parody, I think? look at brother Dempsey's page on Youtube.

No Apologies, I have no doubt that the youtube poster named Brother Dempster is mocking the JW's.
    But I do believe that his excerpts are from an actual JW DVD, I think it's a "Young People Ask" one or something similar.

He does an excellent job of isolating the ridiculous cult control moments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit