Could this be the end ?

by Ralph47 50 Replies latest jw friends

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

Dang Ralph haven't you read the ads at the top of the page???????

• Erich
    Erich

ralph47:

I'm a practising JW.

I suppose, that you have a very strong belief that armageddon will come very soon and most of all "worldly" people get killed in a disastrous slaughter.

This is not my opinion.

Please send me an e-mail so we could chat about this matter via Internet. I think some guys in this forum are offending you, and therefore it makes no sense to discuss the topic.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Could this be the end? What do you think about it ?

The end of what?

I laugh at the expression "The End of This System of Things." I laugh because every nanosecond "this" system of things has changed from what "that" system of things was a nanosecond ago.

Therefore, the expression "This System of Things" is meaningless.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• LB
    LB

Oh Ralph, you've lost your temper. You don't care what what what we think, yet you ask us. Poor child. Deep breath buddy. It is difficult to discover the truth is nothing but lies.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Ralph,

Well, I clicked over to your web site or at least the site you have as a link on your screen name and it seems that you do think that the events of September 11 have swept us into the end of the time of the end, or at least the beginning of the end of the time of the end.

According to Watchtower teaching (at least, traditional Watchtower teaching).

There are 4 events that end this system of things.

1. The nations declare peace and security.
    2. Babylon the Great Falls
    3. The great tribulation comes and the governments of the world turn on Jehovah's people.
    4. Jehovah destroys the governments of the world and delivers his people.

Now, I'm not sure if this is still what they believe or not. Possibly one of the active witnesses here can tell us.

Do I believe this could be the end? Sure. Any day could be the end. Nuclear war, asteroids, uncontrollable plagues, random acts of terrorism and financial collapse are always a possibility. Other world systems have come and gone.

I don't think the question is really relevant as we as individuals have no control over them. What we can do as individuals is be good people no matter whether the end comes tomorrow or in 500 years. Then we have still made our moment in time better.

Joel

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Troll.
    "The World will never be the same"?
    Thats just parroting some maudlin mouthing made by George Bush junior.
    The world feels the same from where Im sittin.
    When are the Americans going to take down the Irish Republican Army?
    Thats what I want to know.As of right now the war on terrorism is very selective.Its almost a war on Islam, if it goes anywhere big, thats where it will go, the Americans can then bomb Islam back into the stone age...but theyre already there.

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Ralph,
    I think a question like that has a purpose other then to seek a valid answer.
    The only reason to ask such a question is based on faulty logic.

1- Can anyone know the future?
    2- If you did know the future, should you fear it's comming?

On the first point you must surly realize that the track record for predictions for the JW's is totally inaccurate.
    The track record of other psychics is also just as inaccurate.

On the second point, should I allow my fears to control my actions. Even Jesus verbalized that "Love conquers Fear" The JW's use this fear to control your actions. Jesus would use Love to free you from the fear.

I guess my point is, you need to become aware of why you are asking a question, is there a hidden motivation? Some questions have no answer, and those who claim that they do are merely speculating, then using the question to manipulate things to thier advantage. Any claims right now to do with time travel, or seeing the actual future I would say are in the realm of fantasy. Even if you believed that John was seeing an actual real future of sorts, how can you stretch his visions to match todays date? Many other men have done this same thing including Norstradomus, should we fear thier predictions also?

It's the fear that is the mistake, because you can spend many years in paralysing fear not actually doing anything, frozen.

• avengers
    avengers

The end of the WT, I hope.

FREEDOM without strings attached

• rhett
    rhett

Ralph, if you don't care what we say and we have no lives why do you ask? Wouldn't that make you an even bigger loser than you claim we are? Its pretty obvious very few of us really believe the JW schmuck about "the end" so why did you ask?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

JoelBear,

you are right. the 4 steps are still current teaching.
    1) "Peace and security" Not international war and terrorism as of now
    2) The abandonment of religion, instead we are seeing the rise of more fundamental religion and a turning to churches for comfort.
    I think we are ok for a bit!

Incidentally, it has always struckme that the J W s can cry "We are near the end" when things are bad like now, or if things get better ,like when the Berlin wall came down then that was a steptowards "Peace and security"
    Basically, they have got it both ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit