I have justed avoided phone calls from an elder

by wouldacouldashoulda 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

In my 4 years of fading i only had a couple of calls and visits. Does that make me lucky? I am not sure.

I am now being hassled to "chat" to an elder via my mobile.

What lengths have you gone to, to avoid witnesses?

Please tell!

w

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've avoided going to a certain store because the owner allows JW's to solicit on his premises.

I time my visits to the library to avoid a nosy CBOE's wife.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• nelly136
    nelly136

not elders but i did get a friends husband to leave the intro message on my mobile phone voicemail to stop an unwanted caller, when i saw it was them calling i let them go to voicemail and they assumed that i'd changed my number and stopped calling.

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Nelly that is very very smart.

w

• nelly136
    nelly136

they did get a follow up text message of 'who the 'f' are you?, i've just bought this phone and youre not one of my numbers so dont call me!

to make sure they got the hint, when they rang and rang off a couple of times.

• blondie
    blondie

Caller ID--do not return calls--don't answer the door (they know I don't like drop bys and will just suggest they call first--see beginning of sentence).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't usually answer the phone if I don't know who the number belongs to. I slipped up over the weekend and it happened to be a local elder wanting to meet with me. I managed to convince him that I was busy, and to call back at another date. I feel like I'm hiding from the mob or something. All I want is to just be left alone.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

get the numbers blocked the the service provider , they can do this

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

If you try to avoid their telephone call...they will came to your door, without appointment.....

Last attempt: they will send you a registered letter! You cannot escape them!

In order to avoid telephone calls from elders, or from the kingdom hall, my husband selected a message on our home telephone, only for such numbers: when elders try to call, the message says: the subscriber does not wish to receive such kind of calls !!!!!! LOL

Claudia

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I understand how you feel I have been there before many times. Thankfully I am out but I still get their visits and call from other ex-friends who want want me back. I used to hide from them but now I dont anymore.

Fear, fear, fear. I just got tired of fear. Fear of God, Fear of Demons, Fear of the Armageddon, fear of going to the meeting, fear of the worldly people, fear of the brothers, fear of the internet, fear of pokemon :-) you see my point?

This is what i think. Why not preparing a small speech to apeace them and overwhelm them? They are so predictable that we know exactly what they are gonna say and do. They are gonna try to sound so nice and concer about you -we havent seen you in the meetings and we missed you, you know Jehovah is , bla bla bla- so we know that. We also know that at the same time while they sound so "nice" they are really looking very carefully to see if your doing something "wrong" maybe the way you dressed or your hairstyle or the jewelery. They are really looking to see if they can find a reason to get you out. (if you read and read this website you will realize that in JC they dont try to help they try to kick you out)

So with all of this. lets think of something before hand where we state their concerns first and we reverse their questions, then they will have nothing to say, If you do this often enough they will avoid you:

Let imagine you see them coming... instead of avoiding them this time you go and say first "Hello brother I am so glad to see you how are you and your wife? and the kids? oh im happy they are doing good. Since I havent gone to the meetings I havent had the chance to see any of you guys, I know EVERYBODY must be worried about me, I just have had so much in my life that I feel ovewhelmed so I decided to take some time off to recuperate from my streess. But I keep thinking of you (specially when I see you) and have been reading the bible often (there is tons of bible quotes in this forum) and have been constantly thinking about my relaitionship, as soon as I feel ready I will be back with you. now quote a bible text like the one that says something about not stop meeting with brothers (sorry I forgot it already) and then say well it was soo good to see you. say hello to your family, good bye (so by you stating their questions first they will have nothing else to say cuz you already said it. You be in control you decide when to start the conversation and when to end it) They are so not used to that. they are used to be in control so they will now know how to act right at the moment.

those are might thoughts,

any comments guys?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit