Please Describe Your Autumn

by compound complex 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember when fall used to bring with it a bunch of Halloween lights--for a short time, it was starting to get where whole blocks would have orange and purple lights on their porches. They also had plastic pumpkins on the street lights so they would be orange during the period. Then came 2007, and with it the annual Great Halloween Wimpout. These days, I am lucky to count more than 6 Halloween setups on my way to work (including my own) that include any lighting.

Then, comes the Christmas showdown. Again, since 2007, it has been a wimpout. We have dwindled from about 75% of houses lit in 2006 to less than 25% at peak in 2007 and 2008. I am predicting that, at this rate (more setups being taken down than going up), that we may have fewer houses lit for Christmas than got their 2008 REJECT Jesus waste of paper. So much for the excitement of the holidays, which seems to be dying off.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Our Autumn here in S. Florida really hasn't started yet. Today is the 15th of the month, and we have had 12 days at 90 degrees or more.

However, a "cold front" is coming through this weekend and should put us back into seasonal temperatures in the mid-80s.

Rub a Dub

• finding my way
    finding my way

The real life-

"(where' ; s le propriétaire ?) shhh, dormant dans le chou-fleur…"

I would sleep love to fall aslep in tie-dyed cauliflower

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Bailey

My granddaughter Bailey in the pumpkin patch

Coffee

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm hoping my Autumn will last a good 20 or 30 years. Then I hope for a brief, decisive winter.

Here's to Autumn!

• cawshun
    cawshun

hmmm, leaves on the tree's are still green, temp was close to 90 yesterday, grand-kids swam in the pool last evening. It's getting dark around 6:30, last month 7:45. Mosquito's in the football stands and muggy.

Still running the air-cond. all day and night. I love summer, so the longer it drags on the better I like it.

Sylvia, I agree, you have a very nice way with word's, your discription made me feel like I was looking at a Norman Rockwell painting. I enjoyed it.

cawshun

• yknot
    yknot

CoCo...

Thought of you and this thread today.....

We are having a swarm of new baby butterflies and they are awesomely beautiful and sooooo fall

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sylvia, I agree, you have a very nice way with word's, your discription made me feel like I was looking at a Norman Rockwell painting. I enjoyed it.
    cawshun

Thankee.

Sylvia

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

here where I am, we don't really have a fall. Right up until last week it was 22ºc in the day and 15ºc at night (still beach weather :D)

now it is gone to 14ºc in the day and 5ºc at night but glorious blue skies and lower humidity (finally) - much better than freezing fog and rain that I used to have.

• snowbird
    snowbird

What a beautiful little girl, Coffee!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit