What's that?

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear People:

All so very beautiful and comforting!

Many, many thanks!

CoCo

Autumn has scarcely begun. The air has a moody feel about it. A bashful sun's restraint means too many shadows for my shaggy little room. Otherwise anxious to draw the draperies against the setting western sun, I refrain from my practiced exercise of a summer's duration. The scant light that filters through the not yet denuded trees is precious to me. To the very last I hold off closing the curtain on daytime's paltry show. For one more night.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The weather has finally turned cool!

The popcorn trees are a delight to behold; the yard grass has ceased growing, and the pecan harvest is bountiful.

I thank Him for His mercy and graciousness.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Damp. Dark. Somber. That is today's moody weather and I embrace it. Saying goodbye to an over-hot summer is a fait accompli. Crackling days and azure skies are suitable for some obscure reason - I just arrived on the universal scene a whisper ago - yet I would just as soon find my infinite pleasure in a state of repose at the hearth, books aplenty at the ready for cracking and wandering through. In search of adventure. Perhaps in search of nothing.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The autumn mood is reflected very well by above posters. I can only add that we also enjoy the smell a neighbors wood burning stove on these damp, crisp days.

Funny how wet leaves stick to the shoes like scotch tape until you get into the house when they easily turn loose on the carpet. This morning we had a dusting of snow on the higher crags around us.

Today, I'm going to make a couple of simple nesting boxes for the little birds who are so busy right now.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Beautiful, Gregor. So true about those "scotch tape" leaves that release instantly on the carpet!

Thanks,

CoCo

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Last week we had a light dusting of snow and my little purple mountain asters peeked through it. I wondered if they'd survive it.

This week was sunny and yesterday was +14. (Sorry, American friends, I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit....) It was perfect weather for the Olympic Torch to make it's way down our main street.

And my mountain asters laughed at the snow. They're still there, their little purple heads as bright as ever.

I love flowers. I love purple. I love that asters are the last flower to bloom.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    when i think of alabama i just go all gooey inside

Hmmm when I think of Alabama ...........................oh never mind.

I love that asters are the last flower to bloom.

I was looking at Hibiscus buds today, they should be blooming in a couple of days. And my Roses are so prolific, the branches are drooping.

• compound complex
    compound complex

+14. (Sorry, American friends, I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit....)

57.2 degrees Fahrenheit

Thanks, Palmtree and Beks - we appreciate hearing about the "colors" of your world!

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

This morning we had a dusting of snow on the higher crags around us.

S yl

Today, I'm going to make a couple of simple nesting boxes for the little birds who are so busy right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit