Why don't JWs fear God or God's Wrath?

by Deputy Dog 74 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No, further down it says the soul that does righteousness will remain alive....Soul can refer to the person or the soul that a person possesses- the same as peak can refer to a mountain, or can refer to the peak of the mountain. Jesus showed this when he said not to fear he who kills the body but can not destroy the soul- Matt 10:28. 2 Thes shows that destruction is not sleep, but separation from God's presence.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

my post not showing?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AE,

You didn't answer Isaac's question...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No, further down Ezekiel 18 says the soul that does righteousness will remain alive....Soul can refer to the person or the soul that a person possesses- the same as peak can refer to a mountain, or can refer to the peak of the mountain. Jesus showed this when he said not to fear he who kills the body but can not destroy the soul- Matt 10:28. 2 Thes shows that destruction is not sleep, but separation from God's presence.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

But let's go back to my question on 2 Thes. You have thrown another verse into the mix as though it contradicts what I said but havent tackled 2 Thes yet.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

soul in the original language means Breath of life. I cant recall of hand the word, but thats the meaning. The breath of life returns to Jah.

Jesus matt 10.28 was saying not to fear man who kill the body, but yes only Jah can destroy our soul,our breath of life can be taken for good.

Ec 12v7.

Romans 13 says every soul be in subjection, this doesnt mean a soul within us, its us,ourselfs.

when you send out an S.O.S its save our soul, not meaning let us die and our soul we want saving, its meaning Save us now, alive!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AE.

Soul means breath of life, so does spirit, so which one is it?

What goes back to God? soul? spirit? both?

How can what goes back to God be destroyed? and if it goes back to God, isn't it in heaven?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

soul, spirit same meaning, just like car,vehicle. So many words have the same meaning...Jah can destroy anything, he created the breath and can destroy also.

No, not go to heaven, how would that be a punishment for our hereditary sin that we have from Adam. Jehovahs word will not return to him without results, when Jah said we will die for sins thats what he means, no turning back on his word, no changing it BUT through Jesus we will be given a chance to be put to the test and show loyality to Jah.

(have to go now, see to the kids.....dinner, no work today yay :)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AE,

I am confused, you said the soul and spirit are the same and that they/it goes back to God, God is in heaven so the spirit goes back to heaven.

Now you say it doesn't ??

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, How can soul and spirit be the same? According to the WT, the soul is the person while the spirit, upon death goes back to God. The WT likens the spirit to electricity.\

You said:

soul in the original language means Breath of life. I cant recall of hand the word, but thats the meaning. The breath of life returns to Jah.

My reply: Breath of life is ONE of the meanings of spirit as well as of soul. Here is another meaning of soul:

the soul

a) the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart, soul etc.)

In a post last week I posted the multiple meanings of spirit in Greek. I agree that the spirit returns to God upon death- making the person no longer whole. The soul however does not return to God upon death- it awaits in heaven or hell its final destination in either New Jerusalem or Gehenna.

AE said: Jesus matt 10.28 was saying not to fear man who kill the body, but yes only Jah can destroy our soul,our breath of life can be taken for good.

My reply: You are muddying here. Everyones spirit goes back to God at death. Jesus said only God can destroy the soul. 2 Thes 1 defines what destruction of the soul means. The breath of life is not destroyed but goes back to God.

AE said: Ec 12v7.

My reply: I already addressed Eccl...it is Solomon giving an ungodly viewpoint.

AE: Romans 13 says every soul be in subjection, this doesnt mean a soul within us, its us,ourselfs.

My reply: I already showed how soul can refer to the person, or what a person possesses...Genesis man came to be a living soul, Matt 10:28 the soul is a part of the person that itself can be destroyed by God. I gave another example of this with the word peak meaning a mountain r the tip of it.

AE said: when you send out an S.O.S its save our soul, not meaning let us die and our soul we want saving, its meaning Save us now, alive!

My reply: You have exemplified how soul can mean the person. Jesus spoke clearly how we all possess a soul. DO you beleive him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit