Why don't JWs fear God or God's Wrath?

by Deputy Dog 74 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I made a long post above and it came out blank. I am having many problems with this site and feel it doesn't work the way it did before the owners renewed it.

Anyway, here goes: I feel the reason the JWs do NOT fear the true god is because they feel they will get a 'pass' for their preaching work and because of Adamic death wiping the slate clean of whatever wrong they do. This is why they do the terrible things they do to each other. The feeling that you can do anything and be forgiven is pervasive (no matter how much they deny it). I feel it is directly related to the teachings of the religion. They also look to examples in the bible like David and imagine they can do anything and be forgiven as well.

This is why I had limited dealings with the people there because I saw the unaccountability and irresponsibility that runs through the whole thing like thread in a fabric.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I personally do not fear God or Jesus, there is no place for fear in my view of the Lord.

Its noy just because I view God and Jesus as Love but because I view fearing God as an "infant state" of being in the spirit of God.

Much like when we were kids and fear of our parents made us to the right thing ( fear of punishment, fear of disappointment, etc) as we get older we do things NOT out of fear, but out of love.

God is Love, Jesus is Love, there is no reason for us to fear Love.

Doing what is right or worshipping out of fear is not what God wants, God wants us to Love and do right out of love.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Doing what is right or worshipping out of fear is not what God wants, God wants us to Love and do right out of love.

So what about when you do sin? Do you think God just winks at you. When you don't "do right" what does God want then?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God wants us to do what is right out of love, because it is right, not out of fear.

The OT jews feared God alright, yeah, that worked out real weill for everyone.

When we screw up we make amends, to the person we wronged and to God, we ask for forgivenss, we repent and hope and have faith in God, but we do it our of love, not out of fear.

If people want to fear God that's fine, whatever floats your boat.

That just doesn't work for me or make any sense to me.

Sorry.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

I don't mean to pick, but it sounds like you are saying you have out grown your fear of God and your need of Jesus.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

DD..Good Morning!

I can see your post is directed at active pro JW`s..

So..I will answer from that point of view..

JW`s are afraid of Armageddon..

JW`s are afraid of not serving the WBT$,or God will kill them at Armageddon..

The WBT$ = God..In Watchtower World..

Jesus is mearly a foot note in all of this..As the WBT$ has replaced him too..

When someone like AE is afaid of the SuperNatural,they call on Jehovah to protect them..

And..

Go back to fearing the WBT$,or God will kill them

Satan and his Demons are always after JW`s..

Jehovah will always save them..

The WBT$ is to be Feared..The WBT$ speaks for God..

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

As my fear of God diminished, my NEED for Jesus increased.

As I learned about their love and experienced it, I wanted, needed, to show my love for them to thank them for all their love and strenght.

I need their love for their love gives me faith and hope and strength.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

I think I would flip that around and say

As my NEED for Jesus increased, my fear of God diminished.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Yes, that is far more correct, thanks.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

The JW on the other hand no longer needs Jesus at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit