Email sent, I did it

by Heartbreaker 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I sent an email detailing why I am not OK with my kids being with my (in the past) abuser father, and in turn mother (forgiver, hider, fascilitator). I also touched on the fact that we do not consider ourselves to be JWs, or held to the laws and rules of such, nor do we view the elders or congregation as an authority on us. That she could print the email and give it to the elders if she wanted, but it would surely hasten the announcement of our disfellowshipping if she did. I hated hurting them, but I hurt. I hated to be so frank, and so detailed with my new memories, but it needed to be said and ripped off like a dirty bandaid. I'm proud of me for putting it all out there and taking a deep breath and walking away from the laptop for a while. It felt good.....until..........................

I saw she opened the email. I then immediately felt guilty. What is up with that. :(

Heartbreaker <------ living up to my name.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Heartbreaker said:

I sent an email detailing why I am not OK with my kids being with my (in the past) abuser father, and in turn mother (forgiver, hider, fascilitator).

I don't know many people who would be okay with that. Don't feel guilty.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Its only the blood tie thats making you question what you did...............you probably felt you had to do it sometime...why not now? Why not this way? It took courage and you did it for your kids....just keep thinking of that...X

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done!!! You have started the healing process. Good Luck

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, you did it. It's a big step. Congratulations.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

whatever the reason hun....atleast you have said what you felt needed to be said, your far from a heartbreaker, sounds like heartbroken is more the case babes you will heal....we all do in time.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Angel eyes is right on with this Heartbreaker!

You did what you needed to do, and you explained your stand and why. It is what it is. You didn't make it that way. They did. You are doing what you have to do. Hugs for taking the first step and much comfort to you as you heal and work through this.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

You done good, HB. You've got the control, now hang onto it.

• dissed
    dissed

Heartbreaker

Thanks for sharing. You are very brave. We will be with you every step of the way.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I'm so sorry that you even had to send a letter like that in the first place. Don't feel guilty for standing up for yourself and your children. You did the right thing. ((((((hugs)))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit