Can you discredit "wait on jehovah to fix all evil" elder's padded line even told to victims of pedophiles?

by PokerPlayerPhil 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately whenever the (wait on Jehovah) phrase is mentioned, the ending result will be mere delusional men who are assuming they have spiritually guiding powers by their given position within the congregation, reading the ancient texts of the bible for direct guidance.

Does that sound tangibly correct. ?

Mankind has learned a lot more about himself since the bronze age of the ancient world.

• flipper
    flipper
    POKERPLAYERPHIL- Would love to do lunch with you sometime. But I think you'll have to come somewhat further north, I'm up in Northern California ! LOL ! I'll PM you my private contact info with telephone # if you promise to keep it private. Thanks ! You have a PM coming. Please check
  • sir82
    sir82

If you are looking for a Biblical argument that might appeal to a true believer.....

Did Jesus "wait on Jehovah" when he threw the money-changers out of the temple?

Did David "wait on Jehovah" when Goliath was threatening the Israelite army?

Did Jael "wait on Jehovah" when she killed Sisera?

And so on, pick any of dozens of cases where a "servant of Jehovah" took action.

Or how about this one:

Maybe those who are bringing lawsuits against the organization are "Jehovah's instrument" for cleansing his organization of evildoers, much as the Babylonian army was used in 607* BCE?

* I know that's wrong, but if you're trying to appeal to a JW, you have to use it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Good answers so far. Rev 18:4 also comes to mind showing that God holds people responsible for the sins committed by the religion they belong to. IOW community responsibility.

Why would't a JW also be under the same community responsibility?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit