Can you discredit "wait on jehovah to fix all evil" elder's padded line even told to victims of pedophiles?

by PokerPlayerPhil 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

'Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish will give him a snake instead. If you then though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?' Luke 11:11,13 NIV

I would use this scripture in the context you mention. With thousands of JWs crying out to God in prayer over the things they see in the religion regarding pedophiles why doesn't God use his Holy Spirit to tell the GB to cleanse his organisation? How long would you wait if he's not answering? Maybe something's wrong with the religion if he's not answering. Perhaps these seven men can't hear him!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    just think of god as a plank of wood with an angry face carved on it. it wont fix anything--now or ever.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is stupid to wait on joke-hova to fix all evil when that thing is itself evil. That thing wants nothing more than for us to all be miserable, slaves. No wonder that thing wants us waiting--otherwise, people would quit going along with joke-hova's plan to enslave us all.

And yes, that includes having us all microchipped.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Splash
    Splash

I would ask them "What do you mean 'Wait for Jehovah'?"

You mentioned in your OP Titus 2:13 "while we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and of our Savior, Jesus Christ."

This is referring to waiting for Armageddon to come. Ask them "Are you expecting me to wait for Armageddon to come before this will get sorted out?" If they say "No" then ask them what they mean and can they show you a scripture to validate that waiting is in fact the correct thing to do. Discount anything from the Hebrew scriptures - that was replaced by the NT (Col 2:14).

Tell them that you're going to do better than just idly wait, you're going to "Listen to Jehovah" and take some action.

Jehovah tells us what to do through his word, not through the GB.
    If we are aware that something is wrong, that's because our Bible trained perception has identified something that needs doing ("go on perceiving what the will of Jehovah is" Eph 5:17)

At the end of the day, this throw away phrase is an excuse to do nothing.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's a squirrel cage. First you hear "if you become aware of any wrongdoing, tell the elders." Then you tell what's been done wrong to YOU. Now they say, Oh Satan is testing you!

And that is their serious response. Myths, fantasies, legends and Blame the Victim.

Marina

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My dutiful JW mom once tried to play the "wait on Jehovah" card during a conversation about child abuse in the Org.

I responded with, "What makes you think the recent swath of successful court cases aren't His answer to the problem? In the Bible, when His 'chosen nation' of Isreal got out of line after repeated warnings, He used the surrounding pagan nations to teach them a lesson. Besides, when I was growing up, you'd always taught me that God doesn't shield us from the consequences of our errors. Shouldn't that standard apply even to His 'Earthly organization'? In fact, shouldn't His 'Earthly organization' be held to an even higher standard?"

She was unable to refute a word I said, and didn't hassle me about my inactive status for a long time afterward.

• Heaven
    Heaven

If you wait on Jehovah to cut your grass... it ain't ever gonna happen.

Waiting on Jehovah + Pray More = Nothing Gets Done + People Get Hurt/Ill/Dead

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Others have said it but I'll say it again: if you wait on Jehovah, nothing would get done!

Child abuse is just about the worst crime a person can commit, right up there with rape and murder. It must be dealt with by the authorities as soon as possible, and people found guilty should receive very harsh sentences - no cover ups.

"Pay back Caesar's things to Caesar ..." - Jesus of Nazareth.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Why can't I have people like you living near me, I wish there were more exjws who are social. Flipper, can we do lunch if I drive up to los angele or orange county?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit