My father is a f*****g a*****e

by Butyoucanneverleave 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome BYCNL!

Yes, our family can become mean-spirited, self-righteous, holier-than-thou a-holes. It's been a rough road for me with my folks.

But now my Dad has dementia and is in a nursing home. No one visits him except me. I don't even think he remembers being a JW.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Yeah...the only time they come visit is if they can count the time or you have money you can will to them.
  • flipper
    flipper
    BUTYOUCANEVERLEAVE- Welcome to the board. I have one of those that you mention as well who is a JW. My older JW mom now living in a care home is his carnage he's left in his wake of " patriarchal overlord syndrome " - now that she's being warehoused in a facility away from him he has full control without her presence to keep him in check as a nicer human being. Goes without saying that I keep in touch with my mom much more so than my dad. We are here for you my friend. Been there, seen and experienced this as well. Hang in there, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Vindico
    Vindico

I just had one of these this weekend with my father too. You have got to here this story.

A few years back he bought a house from a relative, for very cheap. The loan was for twice what he paid, I guess for pocket money. He spent the money in a few months trying to date sisters that were out of state. Now he could not afford the house. He was trying to get an Obama refinance and was encouraged to stop paying for the house because once it goes into foreclosure the lone would expedite.

He couldn’t get the loan for some reason. But was given a check to leave the house, Yes, paid to leave! He comes by to tell me all of this is a blessing from Jehovah so he could go work at Bethel for a few months. I almost threw up in his face. All the while trying to get me back to the meetings.

To use your words “self-righteous, holier-than-thou a-holes”.

(Tried to make that one fast)

• zeb
    zeb

Now tell us what you really think!

Let me guess he never made it to elder, has no hobby, left school early to pioneer,quotes the 'party-line' constantly has a s*** job and is permanently tired from inadequate sleep

• whathappened
    whathappened
    Welcome and we are glad you decided to join us.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Butyoucanneverleave

No need to mince words here about your father.

Tell us how you really feel.

Rub a Dub

• never a jw
    never a jw
    is your father a natural effing ahole, or is it the religion that transformed an otherwise good man into an effing ahole? Focus your energy and hate into the real culprit, whoever that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit