JW's Defend 607 BCE Teaching!

by tryingtoexit 54 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

How about you set your Dad a challenge -

He proves 607 from secular evidence...

You prove 587 from the Society's literature...

With all the info/links you have here plus one more (see below) you will succeed, the same can't be said for your dad...

607 For Dummies

Good Luck!

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Billy and OnTheWayOut- Thanks for those, my mother was sick, so we're going to finish talking tomorrow. I think my father suspects that I'm headed "in an apostate direction" but he doesnt know the full scale of everything yet, for now he thinks he's helping me with my own way of showing HIM things, he's emailing me all sorts of things, but thanks to guys I have the firepower beyond any magnitude of anything he would expect to come his way, as always...I'm his son and will make sure it comes across in a respectful way, I admit, because of yall, I'm more confident in what I've studied solo, and these past 6 months of being on this site has really opened my eyes and given me the courage I needed.

Sweet Pea- I like that, thanks, bout to check it out now...

• bobld
    bobld

See the book "Battles of the Bible" -----Fall of Judah 588-586 BC. As for Bible interpetation and dates,the GB/WBTS are about as swift as the Sadducees when they Q'd J.C. about the resurrection in Luke ch.20.Just look at their history 'the generation that saw 1914 would not die before the end" but it doesn't stop there, the list goes on and on with their wrong dates.

Bob

• VM44
    VM44

No mention of the accounting/business records from the Babylonian banking house of Egibi.

Those records show that there is no "missing" 20 year gap in the Neo-Babylonian chronology.

• besty
    besty

"Dad, in my research I've found that all the astronomical, archaeological and historical evidence points to 539BCE as the date for the fall of Babylon - everybody agrees. The exact same tablets, methods and experts point to 587BCE as the date for the destruction of Jerusalem. Can you help me understand why the WTS accept the 539 date without question, but discredit the same evidence and the same experts when it comes to 587? I am asking myself 'whats in it for the experts' and 'whats in it for the WTS?'. "

Good luck!

• distazo
    distazo

Hi,

I wonder, which prophecies fail if Jerusalem fell in 587 bCE?

Zacharias 7:1-5?

The coming of the Messiah?

In fact, the general chronology of Bible explanation fails a lot.

For instance, according to Luke (3:1) Jesus started in sept 29 CE. But if he was born in -2 (2 bCE) ALL historical and nasa records (combined with history writer Josephus) of show that Herodes died in -4 that Jesus never could have been born in -2.

We we take the seventy yearweeks prophecy, and start at 455 bCE, this fails as well.

If you get my idea.

So, because of the fact that it 'nearly fits', it looks like not the bible or history is wrong, but _all_ afterward explanations are wrong.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello TTE,

Stephen- I feel the same way, especially the whole Jesus being resurrected as a spirit, can you direct me to a thread where you guys may have already discussed that??

I have mentioned it at least a few times but it could be buried in different threads so here's a brief run down.

The WT claim Jesus was resurrected as a "spirit creature". First of all, that doesn't seem right to me. Firstly, I feel that is a direct slur on the person of Jesus calling Him a "creature".

OK, in the bible this is what I see.

Luke 24

Jesus Appears to His Disciples

36 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!" 37 But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. 38 And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate before them.

Verse 37, the disciples had the same notion, they though Jesus was "a spirit"or "a ghost" i.e. someone who has left their body James 2:26 Jesus refutes that idea, telling them He is not just spirit but "flesh and bones". He invites them to touch His physical body. Also He is physically hungry and eats some fish. Now, the exact same thing is show in Luke for someone else who was physically dead and Jesus brought back.

Luke 8 53 They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But he took her by the hand and said, "My child, get up!" 55 Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up. Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat. So the WT lie is evident. They will provide further "reasoning" but any reasonable person can see they have gone directly against the words of Jesus (once again). Of their "other gospel" and the people who bring it Hebrews 10:29 2 Corinthians 11:4 Galatians 1 1 Timothy 1 2 Peter 3:16 1 Timothy 4 1 Peter 2:8 OK gotta run! PM me if you need more or I will check back on the thread later. Blessings, Stephen
  • avishai
    avishai

Once again, Alleymom's KISS 607 is a great thing to throw at him

• avishai
  • MissingLink
    MissingLink

jehovahsjudgement.co.uk == Lying for Jehoover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit