JW's Defend 607 BCE Teaching!

by tryingtoexit 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

"I know that I may not be able to convince you on this point (((of Dan 4 having a fulfillment beyond Nebu))), or on the year 607 as the starting year, or whether the succession of Babylonian kings fit the timeline. I do not have the command of history or mathematics like you do. I do know this, though, that there was a beginning to the bad course man has taken in disobedience to God, and that there will be an ending of it at God's hands (Dan. 2:44). In Daniel 2 there is succession of world powers that are represented in Neb's dream by a large image, and that we are living in the days (at the feet of the image) that the destruction of all human governments will take place. My great desire for sharing this with you is because I care too much about you and want you and your family very much to be there in the new system of things to enjoy God's blessings with the rest of us... for "he that does the will of God remains forever". (1 John 2:15-17). "

This is the kind of "reasoning" you can expect when discussing 607/1914 with a Witness. Once someone says this, it's clear that logic and truth don't matter. He's going to believe what he wants to believe--facts be damned.

And isn't this attitude exactly like churchgoers we met in the JW ministry? We could show them dozens of verses about, say, the Trinity--but they would not be convinced. I remember walking away from such conversations feeling sorry for such ones who were "blinded by Satan" and weren't open-minded and receptive to my message. But I didn't realize that I was exactly the same.

• sd-7
    sd-7

The scriptural reasons why 607 B.C. (forget the 'E', that's just something JWs use to fake like they're different) is irrelevant are significant. Jonsson's book mentions Matthew 28:18, which, when you take off the WT goggles, helps you realize that Jesus was given "ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON THE EARTH" after his resurrection, NOT in 1914. No further authority was left to give him if he had ALL AUTHORITY after he was resurrected. To suggest that he received more authority later on, in a year that is based on mental gymnastics and calculations that the Bible does not tell us to do is to call Jesus Christ a liar. To say that he became king in 1914 is to say that he was lying when he said in the past tense, "All authority HAS BEEN GIVEN ME in heaven and on the earth."

'Nuff said. 607 or 587, doesn't matter.

SD-7

• snowbird
    snowbird

Word, SD-7.

Acts 1:6 When they were together for the last time they asked, "Master, are you going to restore the kingdom to Israel now? Is this the time?"

7 -8 He told them, "You don't get to know the time. Timing is the Father's business. What you'll get is the Holy Spirit. And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the world." MSG

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, IF we really wanna be sticklers for the "truth" in the WT way, thenthe timeframe would be:

Using WT chronology of a day = a year, the 70 years for Babylon would have been 365 x 7 = 2555 x 70 = 178850 years !!

Or the "for God a year is like 1000 and 1000years like a day_ then 70 years would be either 70 000 years or 70 days !

Boggles the mind !

• whereami
    whereami

Isn't that web site from that douche bag Thirdwitness?

That guy is a true blue apologist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit