CO visit this week

by JerkhovahsWitless 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

For the first time, I didn't attend the meeting when the CO came. My family went, which I figured would lead to them being questioned about me.

I thought for sure the cultists would be knocking on my door with the fat old wind-bag CO to "encourage" me. Unless they stopped by this week when no one was home, it looks like no one wants to save me from Armageddon. Whoo-hoo!

• shamus100
    shamus100

You're already too far gone. You're crowbait!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

He's a busy man, can't waist time on the lost sheep. Gotta get to those free meals and on to another meeting with someone: elders, pioneers, that family that contributes money. It's all just like Jesus did in the Bible.

• carla
    carla

What is the deal with the CO's visit anyway? Does he bring extra special secret info from NY with him or what? Is it really necessary to have another meeting night in his honor? The jw version of the Pope is in town? Am I correct to assume he is stays until Sunday meeting to keep the cong extra late that day too? or do they all go out for breakfast or something? Maybe it runs long because it takes time to get all those green handshakes? what's the deal? someone enlighten me please.

• Lieu
    Lieu

I think he's supposed to be like a Paul reconstruct, except he is nothing like Paul.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Funny timing, we just missed our visit, didn't even know about until the day of, then that was just a fluke that we heard about it at all. I had better things to do anyway, I guess I wasn't missed.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Come now, the CO isn't the Apostle Paul, or the Pope, Jesus, a prophet, or a clergyman...

BUT YOU SURE AS HELL BETTER TREAT HIM LIKE HE IS !!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You might have avoided getting hounded by the hounder-hounder. But, that doesn't mean you're safe. He might hound the hounders to get you next week--that is one of their many tricks.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I can always tell when the CO is visiting in my territory. That's when the local elders want to pay me a visit to 'encourage' me. Not that I'm complaining about being ignored the rest of the time. I just think it's very telling.

• teel
    teel
    The jw version of the Pope is in town?

I can't even imagine the craze among Witnesses in my town were a member of the GB to visit our congregation. They would literally go nuts! (I mean I travelled three times to cities about 500km away just to attend to a GB speech and most of the congregation was there) Funny how they don't see the parallel, and they made fun of the "worship centered around a man" when the Pope came in our country, and the Catholics behaved just the same as they did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit