Hubby is Researching 607...

by cognac 183 Replies latest jw friends

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1105

Jeremiah clearly indicates that Nebuchadnezzer destroyed Jerusalem in his 18 th year and 19th year or in his 18th regnal year and in his 19th accession year as explained in Insight On The Scriptures, Vol.2. p. 481, see article NEBUCHADBEZZER.

This means that our chronology as developed by the 'celebrated WT scholars is not dependent on calendrical problems that follow from a 'regnal-based' methodology as opposed to a superior 'event-based methodology. The 18th/19th year problem has and currently causes much vexation for scholars, WT critics and apostates who devilishly try to disprove 607 BCE in favour of the controversial 586/87 BCE scenaio.

So if you do agree with the above then do not make your problem my problem because the regnal years of ANebuchadnezzer have little do with the determination of 607 BCE as expalined in WT publications.

Your big problem is how to interpret this regnal data and determine precisely what Year Jerusalem fell in Nebuchadnezzer'e reign, Was it 586 or 587 BCE?

The foregoing comments renders your chart of mischief useless so there is no need for me to comment on that piece of stupity.

Regarding your debates with Furuli your comments demean you and are irrelevant because Furuli has always invited constructive criticism and if a competent scholar finds his hypothesis or research in need of improvement or correction then Furuli will listen to this. As far as I know Furuli has not yet received much scholarly review but I will ring him for a update. The only amateur who has responded to Furuli is of course Carl Jonsson but Furuli has dealt with his views competently.

scholar JW

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I hope he researches it well and comes to his own conclusion regarding this obviously controversial date.

• teel
    teel

scholar, might the lack of response be because real scholars don't care about highly biased oppinion, that does nothing for history, it's only good for proving a cult right? I am an IT technician, and even though I am not a "celebrated authority" on it, I would not waste one word on someone in a wacky religion that tells everyone that computers work because of hundreds of little people using tiny abacus' inside PCs.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Cognac, That is awesome news. The beginning of the end is near. :) You may want him to even look at 'Scholar's" input on this as it may truly be helpful to him.

Check your pm.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AlanF really had fun with Scholar on this one. And really debunked 607BCE.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Scholar said,

3. The date 607 BCE exposes the twenty year gap in Neo-Babylonian chronology as recently proved in the research by Rolf Furuli in his two volume published work on Neo-Babylonian, Persian, Assyrian Chronology.

Rolf Furuli and his biased research totally debunked by Carl Olaf Jonsson here

http://user.tninet.se/~oof408u/fkf/english/epage.htm

Cognac, hubby might enjoy "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" to help him in his research.

http://www.amazon.com/Gentile-Times-Reconsidered-Carl-Jonsson/dp/0914675079/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255348450&sr=8-1

• hotspur
    hotspur

Oh boy, I love this!

By the way serious scholars do not accept 587 BCE but rather prefer 586 BCE so you misrepresent scholarship when you claim that 587 BCE has been established via the secular records. This is utter nonsense as you well know.

So, after 30 years of study, you finally admit you were not serious! Must be the case as you still support 607 when you say "serious scholars" support 586. Tsk..Tsk ... c'est la Guerre!

I think these guys that are 'confused' over a few months might take a leaf out CTR's book..... re-measure the tunnel in the pyramid and say they were a little out - "now it fits our facts we've been promulgating"!

Good News Connie! He'll get there.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Question on 'celebrated Wt scholars'- who celebrates them? And would that not be considered idolatry?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I just caught myself....I was going to reply to 'Scholar' but realized why waste my time. Myself, Mary, and a host of others have already knocked him down. I would think he is still down from AlanF, never to rise again. LOL

• Spook
    Spook

He should start the search with:

"What reason does one have to believe that the bible contains a dated prophecy on this subject in the first place?"

There is no reason. The rest is secondary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit